EMERGENCY!!! Night coming! Bantam Chicken on The Roof!!!!

I am sorry-I sure hope the little fella survives the night! If he does, maybe he won't go back up ever again because it was so unpleasant. Please, keep us posted? Have a good night.

Thank heavens he's ok! Tough little stinker, isn't he? If you could post a picture of him, that would be neat-my kids and I were hoping the best for him and wondered what the liitle scamp looks like☺
The pictures are bit bit blurry because it is night fall but here he is. His name is Oddball, he is the tiniest roo that I ever had, kind of a runt. But I love him.
20201220_161559.jpg

20201220_161618.jpg

And a picture of him from a few weeks ago.
20201209_154741.jpg

Don't worry about his frostbite. These mix breeds have fat combs and hot heads. The frostbite is already receding.

Set a nightlight (on a timer) in their coop. Have it come on about 1/2 hour before dusk, and go off 15 minutes after sunset. After a week or so of this, they ought be fully trained to the coop.
I can't set up a timer. It is winter and I let them out this one time because the weather was nice. After this stunt they are only going outside during winter with supervision.
Thanks for the advice though.😁

Oh my! That face! He is absolutely adorable-in a rakish, swashbuckling way😄! They are certainly worth the trouble they sometimes cause us! Good to know about the frostbite. It can be awful. I got it in a blizzard on the Front Range in the Rockies 25 years ago and permanently lost all feeling in some parts of my feet. Having it damage their combs-terrible!

Back
Top Bottom