EMERGENCY...Orphaned Baby Piglets!!!

http://www.pigs4ever.com/pot_belly_pig_information/how_to_take_care_of_very_young_pigs.php
There is excellent information here. Good Luck with the little ones. That poor momma must be really stressed. It's so good of you to take her in.
You can post on the farm listing on craigslist to find goat milk. Don't use the canned. Fresh is the best.
Where are you located? I keep goat milk in my freezer for emergencies. I'm in the far N E corner of Ohio.

Bad News:( Strudel passed on about an hour ago, he just didnt have it in him to keep up the fight. Biscuit the little girl looks worse, not sure if she will pull through and Brusier the one thats all beat up took his last meal like a champ. However I'm trying to be optimistic but they are so weak and can barley move their ting little bodies. Thanks for all the info, whomever bred this litter should be ashamed, its not fair to the mama or the babies...R.I.P little Strudel.

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry
sad.png
hit.gif
I hope the others start doing better. Good luck!

Your doing all you can! Piglets at birth orphaned are very very hard to keep going! Just remember its not your fault!
And your doing the best you can
smile.png

And for the breeding if she was running around with other meat pigs it probably got bred on accident. Its a crappy situation.

Quote:
x2 on both counts
hugs.gif
the pictures actually made me cry....so sorry for your loss! I would not want to breed any animal again.

Quote:
I'm so sorry. How annoying it is that we always have to get attached to the weak animals that end up not making it. I feel your pain, I've been there far too many times then I'd like to think about. Your doing such a fantastic job, I'm proud of you for having the strength to do this.

oh the night feedings begin.. every 2 hours just like a baby... keep feeding them and keeping them safe and warm, you can see about getting them little dog coats/sweaters to wear while their in the house with the ac on..
thumbsup.gif

its heartbreaking when we loose animals but she just got too stressed, it happens.. don't hold this against her though if you intend on breeding her Later.. when she is calm and used to you and your coming and goings when she is fed better and better prepared for piglets. she may be a Jam up momma.. its a shame she is so afraid cause she has plenty of milk herself.. but bottle feed piglets turn out to be outstanding pets..
love.gif

good luck and blessed be )O(

Pink

Back
Top Bottom