Emergency please help

Jaxon64

Chirping
Aug 23, 2021
I have a 8 month old silky mix hen Thursday I noticed her off from the flock, resting in the sun and laying down. I examined her and her crop was huge, squishy. I massaged her and brought her inside removed food started probiotics in water .
Friday morning stil huge and she seamed more weak. Massage crop often, gently and she vomited when i knelt down to put her in her bed. It was so horrible smelling.
Gave her syringe of nutri drench
Saturday seamed a little more energetic in the morning That evening she has overflow coming from beak , yellow runny diarrhea
Sunday
Stared her on 1/3 vaginal suppository twice day. Only water with probiotics. Nutri drench
Weak sleeping most of the day. I gave her syringes of water and continue to massage. Seamed smaller but it would come right back
Monday day two on vaginal meds fluids are mostly gone from crop. I can feel some grit but its normal size. Eating tsp of egg, pooping big liquid poops yellow.
Tuesday day three of yeast medicine. Back to not wanting to eat or drink I’m continue to give her nutri drench in beak water probiotics. Her tummy to the vent feels normal isn’t hot or hard not waterey either. She’s been through so much I’m wondering if I should give her Corid perhaps it’s coccidiosis? I’m new to chickens and I’ve been reading everything on here trying to help her. I so scared of losing her. Oh I have no vet available. With the bird flu

Attachments

• 3046810-c603bffa997153e6a76659a3496c40a7.jpg
    3046810-c603bffa997153e6a76659a3496c40a7.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 3046812-fbedf6074cedd710314fa5f090076817.jpg
    3046812-fbedf6074cedd710314fa5f090076817.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 5
It could be a reproductive infection or disorder that has caused a slow or sour crop. Antibiotics may be needed, and those can make sour crop worse. i would see a vet if possible.

I would not give oil in the beak or massage her crop because that may cause her to vomit and choke to death. I am not an expert on sour crop, but if her crop is large and puffy, it should not be massaged. An antifungal cream or nystatin, medistatin powder, or fluconazole may help. @azygous has a good article on sour crop, and since I am not very good advising on crop issues, I would read her article here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

I have a 8 month old silky mix hen Thursday I noticed her off from the flock, resting in the sun and laying down. I examined her and her crop was huge, squishy. I massaged her and brought her inside removed food started probiotics in water .
Friday morning stil huge and she seamed more weak. Massage crop often, gently and she vomited when i knelt down to put her in her bed. It was so horrible smelling.
Gave her syringe of nutri drench
Saturday seamed a little more energetic in the morning That evening she has overflow coming from beak , yellow runny diarrhea
Sunday
Stared her on 1/3 vaginal suppository twice day. Only water with probiotics. Nutri drench
Weak sleeping most of the day. I gave her syringes of water and continue to massage. Seamed smaller but it would come right back
Monday day two on vaginal meds fluids are mostly gone from crop. I can feel some grit but its normal size. Eating tsp of egg, pooping big liquid poops yellow.
Tuesday day three of yeast medicine. Back to not wanting to eat or drink I’m continue to give her nutri drench in beak water probiotics. Her tummy to the vent feels normal isn’t hot or hard not waterey either. She’s been through so much I’m wondering if I should give her Corid perhaps it’s coccidiosis? I’m new to chickens and I’ve been reading everything on here trying to help her. I so scared of losing her. Oh I have no vet available. With the bird flu
Im so sorry to hear about your girlie. Do you smell a sourness coming from the beak? Has she stopped laying eggs?

Back
Top Bottom