1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2299.png
    IMG_2299.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2300.png
    IMG_2300.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Looks like pin feathers, which means she's probably molting. Nothing of concern! :)
Additional details:

Chicks molt quite a few times as they grow up. First they grow tiny chick feathers, then later they are bigger so they lose the tiny feathers and get bigger feathers, and this happens several times before they reach adulthood. When chicks molt, they usually replace a few feathers at a time, so you might notice small bald patches or you might not notice anything.

Once they are grown up, it is common for them to molt once a year, although some adult chickens do partial molts more often than that.

Additional details:

Chicks molt quite a few times as they grow up. First they grow tiny chick feathers, then later they are bigger so they lose the tiny feathers and get bigger feathers, and this happens several times before they reach adulthood. When chicks molt, they usually replace a few feathers at a time, so you might notice small bald patches or you might not notice anything.

Once they are grown up, it is common for them to molt once a year, although some adult chickens do partial molts more often than that.
thank u so much❤️

I hope you can calm down and sleep well tonight. It is stressful to be a new overprotective chicken parent, I had an egg binding scare last night (barley slept) so I get it. If your chicken is acting fine, try your best not to worry. It is 99% of the time fine. Sorry about the stress you went through.

Back
Top Bottom