Faizan0

Hatching
May 28, 2019
My chick is 8 week old and he had a blood in his stool yesterday and wasn't moving until a long time and today in the morning he is just lying down and doesn't have the power to get up or even move wings, what do I do?

It does sound like coccidiosis. Do you have a farm supply store near you? Corid can be used to treat coccidiosis. I have never dealt with coccidiosis so hopefully someone else can chime in, but I know Corid is used to treat it and it's on my medicine list if I ever need it.

I would immediately drench him with 1/2 ml of undiluted 9.6% liquid Corid once daily for 5 days and provide Corid water diluted 2 tsp per gallon as his only source of water for a full week. Provide fresh solution daily. Make sure the coop and run are clean and dry.
If this is coccidiosis you need to act very quickly as it can easily kill a young bird.

Sounds like coccidiosis. Has it been with other chicks? If so they all need to be treated with corid (2teaspoons per 1gal of water) for 4 days. New solution each day. Then skip a week then repeat the process again. You could also give the sick chick some corid full strength with a dropper (a few drops) in the side of it’s beak. Corid can be bought at most farm supply stores in the cattle section ( Corid 9.6 liquid. Hope this helps.

My chick is 8 week old and he had a blood in his stool yesterday and wasn't moving until a long time and today in the morning he is just lying down and doesn't have the power to get up or even move wings, what do I do?

I agree with Coccidosis being the likely culprit. Corid is the treatment - available at Tractor Supply - in the shorter term, if you have Nutri-drench on hand, I'd try to give the little one a few drops direct to the beak to try to give it enough energy to survive until you can get the Corid going. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom