Emergency- respiratory disease?

I will call that website in the am and see if they can do any faster shipping and continue to look around. Is there any at a tractor supply that would work do you know of? Will they infect my whole flock once integrated?

Do you have other chickens? Could it have come from a carrier in your flock? Some feed stores in the refrigerated drugs may sell long acting oxytetracycline injectable. It is usually given as an injection in the back of the neck just under the skin once every 3 days. Very few antibiotics can be obtained anymore. A vet is your best best for those.

I would probably give 0.1 ml of long acting oxytetracycline injectable to each chick showing symptoms once every 3 days. It can be given into the breast muscle or in the skin on the back of the neck.

I do but these have never been in contact with my flock outside at all. I got them from meyer hatchery. Should I call my normal dogs vet and see if they'd put it through for me? I saw the injectable. Can you give those to small 4 week old chicks? I feel like they're so fragile.

This one and get the needles and do 0.1 for 3 days?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240209_212607_Tractor Supply.jpg
    Screenshot_20240209_212607_Tractor Supply.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 4
You can call your regular dog vet. They may or may not help, but it would be the best. Yes, Tractor Supply has carried LA 200 and other brands of oxytetracycline in the past. It is refrigerated, and you need syringes with needles. Respiratory diseases are contagious, and can be spread on hands, clothing, hair and shoes. If close enough it spreads through air.

Look for LA 200 or long acting oxytetracycline injectable. There are various brands including Liquimycin LA 200, others. I would still try to get Tylosin powder for the water online.

Back
Top Bottom