Emergency tail tucked trying to make noise

There could be a respiratory disease going around. Can you look inside her beak and throat for anything unusual (yellow or gray lesions, foreign body, etc? ILT, Newcastles Disease, and gapeworms can cause craning of the neck and gasping. In what part of the world are you located? Is she able to drink any fluids? Do you hear any coughing or sneezing?

There could be a respiratory disease going around. Can you look inside her beak and throat for anything unusual (yellow or gray lesions, foreign body, etc? ILT, Newcastles Disease, and gapeworms can cause craning of the neck and gasping. In what part of the world are you located? Is she able to drink any fluids? Do you hear any coughing or sneezing?
Asked on her other thread about that. Said there's nothing visible in the throat.

It looks like she’s choking but I didn’t see anything in her mouth when I looked. She’s the most vocal usually and she makes a faint sound when she “chokes”.” But no clucking

No foreign bodies or lesions. No wheezing but faint sounds when she cranes. Have seen her drink. We are in northern california

Sorry I’m new to this and my post kept coming up in hatching which was not accurate. Just trying to get some answers. The other girl was found deceased with a dark grey comb. Never saw any symptoms.

Didn’t see any thing in her throat but makes faint sounds when she opens her mouth. Like she’s choking. She did eat some mealworms just now. Haven’t seen her drink.

It's ok. It's hard when you're desperate for help and stuff doesn't seem to be working right.

Now, the dark comb would indicate a lack of oxygen. We just need to figure out what's causing it.

How does her crop feel? Full, empty, squishy, like clay, etc?

Is her vent swollen at all?

It’s suburban/rural around here - subdivisions mixed with ranches.

Crop feels like an egg shape, form but not terribly so. Vent area maybe feels a little swollen and soft. I’m new to this so I may be wrong. I checked in comparison to one of my other girls. I have her in seclusion and she’s pecking at the ground trying to eat. Her vent flares a bit, tail feathers go up but nothing comes out

Do they have grit available to help grind up food in the gizzards? Has she been drinking water today? If you should lose her from this illness, please try to get a necropsy by one of the state poultry vets to look for what is going on. It costs about $20 in CA. @casportpony lives in N. Cal, and may be able to suggest the best lab. The body needs to be refrigerated and double bagged in garbage bags, then contact the state lab for instructions on shipping and a shipping label. Do you have any medications that might help her?

Have had all birds since hatchlings. Two have died suddenly in the last year without explanation. No symptoms , marks, injuries. Keep them in coop/run with sand. Shavings in nesting boxes. Feed them bar ale hi protein layer food. Given them occasional scratch and mealworms.

Back
Top Bottom