emergency ward for my hatching eggs.

electrikass

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 25, 2011
Hi.
With due respect to this great family business, we are in here from a place more distant than the pluto joining a blessed profession. This is my first login. Iam a quail farmer, and successfully in the business which is started about 4mths, ago.
Due to problems when hatching, i have organised an emergency operation for unhatched eggs, 12hrs after the 1st hatch. With full sanitation, as soon as i realise a chick is having difficulty hatching on the due date, the egg is carefully opened, bring it out then pushed in a separate incubator for 12hrs @ 36¤c.
In most cases they survive. Sometimes i succeed at 98%, the failures are mostly on infertile eggs. Can i have some dos and donts as iam ndw to forums big like this and the quails itself. Before procceeding i want suggesstions please.

I don't break any out before they zip. If they zip and can't get out after 12 hours I pop the top off and let them come out. Never break an un-pipped egg, sometimes they just take longer...

Yeah...don't bust them out!
Not sure what species of quail we are talking about here, but coturnix can hatch early 16 days, and late all the way up to 21 days, so fretting for 5 days isn't my style. Just go through your normal routine....Eat, sleep, dream, then initiate emergency extraction, if any on day 21+. I don't recommend busting them out. Sometimes sitting tight, and being patient will serve you best!

As JJ suggests...there is usually a reason the egg/s don't hatch.

Back
Top Bottom