EMERGENCY

pleasehelpus

Hatching
Nov 30, 2018
If anybody can help!!!
It’s very early in the morning and the smallest chick of my two week old clutch is too weak to stand, won’t open his eyes and is gasping periodically. He had an incident earlier where he was nearly killed ( as he is the runt) but he seemed to be doing okay up, walking around and chirping loudly until now. He had water and his heat lamp isn’t too hot but I don’t know what to do!!i had given him a little bit of sugar water etc first time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 16
Sometimes you just have to wait and see what happens. It is sad to have a little one fail. Try to understand what happened and how to prevent a repeat in the future. HUGS.

If anybody can help!!!
It’s very early in the morning and the smallest chick of my two week old clutch is too weak to stand, won’t open his eyes and is gasping periodically. He had an incident earlier where he was nearly killed ( as he is the runt) but he seemed to be doing okay up, walking around and chirping loudly until now. He had water and his heat lamp isn’t too hot but I don’t know what to do!!i had given him a little bit of sugar water etc first time
I'm sorry to hear about your chick:hugs
It's 2 weeks old?
Can you tell us what type of incident the chick had where it was nearly killed?

All you can do at this point would be to keep him warm, try to keep him hydrated, if you have some Poultry Nutri-Drench give him 1-2drops per day.
Drip water beside his beak to see if he will take drops in.

Keep us posted.

THE first incident happened I think for the same reasons, the other chicks aren’t twice his size and he must have had a similar fit, resulting in him being stepped on and crushed. Unfortunately, the little guy didn’t make it through the night. His hatching wasn’t particularly easy and he just wasn’t growing at all so I think there may have been deposed probkems that I wouldn’t have been able to fix either way

Back
Top Bottom