emergency!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chanel75, Oct 15, 2012.

1. chanel75

chanel75 New Egg

Oct 12, 2012
    chick started to hatch last evening, i have left it all day to see if there was any progress but there wasnt, so i have had to help the chick hach, it is very weak but still gives a peep now and then.
    i have put her back into incubator to get her warm.
    anyone have any more ideas on what to do????? [​IMG]

2. daoustaj

daoustaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2012
    Was the yolk absorbed fully and was there any bleeding/blood on chick?

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Give her a little sugar water to give her an energy boost. Take a syringe and dribble some on the side of her beak, not inside! It's easy to drown them. Or dip her beak in it and see if she'll take a sip. Keep her warm too. Good luck

4. chanel75

chanel75 New Egg

Oct 12, 2012
    yolk was fully absorbed, when she was trying to get out this morning there was a little blood, i quickly put damp towels on it and it seemed to stop.
    when i hatched her there was a little blood from the umbilical, but again that stopped.
    will try the sugar water now. thanks for your advice.
    not sure im going to hatch anymore my nerves are shattered lol

5. Brookhavens

Brookhavens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Brooksville,FL
    When I have had one have a difficult hatch it usually takes them a few hours to a day to recover from the experience. I leave them in the incubator for 24+ hours. Keeps them warm and let's them get a good rest. Once they have dried and fluffed up and are walking around is when I will switch them to the brooder. It is really up to Mother Nature whether or not they make it. After you try and give the sugar water just let the chick rest. That's the best thing for it.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by