Emotional support poultry :)

onestrongwriter

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2020
Hi. My name is Missie. I've been lurking a lot here tending to my flock.. Im a first year owner.

I have currently:

3 ducks. A drake rouen, a female rouen and a female peking

And way too many other chickens.
In Nov 2020
I got 4 isa browns that are currently my only layers. The guy i bought them from was selling over 50 on craigslist.. By the time I found the ad he had 12 left. He said they should lay by nov 24 but they all got there earlier with one laying within a couple days. 2 have names now. Kitty and Puppy. They are the friendliest and I got my counselor to write me a letter that taking care of Kitty helps me have a higher quality of life for my ada disability.

Shortly after getting the hens I found a silkie rooster for free cuz he was a d!ck she said. He is, especially to other roosters and the ducks. I do enjoy him clucking for his hens when i bring snacks.

In or about July I started finding I was addicted to buying chickens. So cute in the stores I started looking for different breeds and driving an hour to get new babies. I bought cornish x, black astralorps, buff orpingtons, leghorns, a wyandotte but i forget what color lacing (they dust in ashes n get really dirty) and my ducks.

I went basically camping with the first batch. My husband wasnt taking care of them and they were under weight, some were missing. I will ask a couple questions in the medical section about the leghorns combs. My hens from this batch arent laying yet but may be getting closer. The only hens I have are 4 of the 5 buff and i think the wyandotte. I have left 2 leghorn roosters. Their voices are still cracking when they crow. My astralorp is a big beautiful rooster that crows pretty good now. The buff rooster just started crowing. I do have to check him for spurs and make sure he isn't just a hen actin out .. Since they were all together i dont see a hen acting like a rooster with 3 other roosters.

Of course, I said addicted.. So also in November I ordered from a hatchery because I just wanted some americaunas... But I didn't want 15 chickens so i got more cornish x, most look like roosters. I got 5 americaunas and got them vaccinated. Lost 2 right away. The remaining 3 look like pullets. I also got 5 hatchery choice dual purpose. 2 are black looks like a pullet n a cockerel and I'm thinking australorps. 2 that have some brown or buff on them. I'm curious but I can wait til theyre more grown to figure out what they are.

Attachments

• 20201230_232037.jpg
    20201230_232037.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 13
  • 20201230_232118.jpg
    20201230_232118.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201230_232123.jpg
    20201230_232123.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201230_232037.jpg
    20201230_232037.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Missie and welcome to BYC. Chat with other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).Make yourself at home and enjoy the forums.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hi. My name is Missie. I've been lurking a lot here tending to my flock.. Im a first year owner.

I have currently:

3 ducks. A drake rouen, a female rouen and a female peking

And way too many other chickens.
In Nov 2020
I got 4 isa browns that are currently my only layers. The guy i bought them from was selling over 50 on craigslist.. By the time I found the ad he had 12 left. He said they should lay by nov 24 but they all got there earlier with one laying within a couple days. 2 have names now. Kitty and Puppy. They are the friendliest and I got my counselor to write me a letter that taking care of Kitty helps me have a higher quality of life for my ada disability.

Shortly after getting the hens I found a silkie rooster for free cuz he was a d!ck she said. He is, especially to other roosters and the ducks. I do enjoy him clucking for his hens when i bring snacks.

In or about July I started finding I was addicted to buying chickens. So cute in the stores I started looking for different breeds and driving an hour to get new babies. I bought cornish x, black astralorps, buff orpingtons, leghorns, a wyandotte but i forget what color lacing (they dust in ashes n get really dirty) and my ducks.

I went basically camping with the first batch. My husband was mean n hit me so he got put of jail and back to the property before I was able to get back (he gave me a concussion) i ended up sneaking in as the weather was gettin cold n rescued everyone that went to the coop at night. He wasnt taking care of them and they were under weight, some were missing. I will ask a couple questions in the medical section about the leghorns combs. My hens from this batch arent laying yet but may be getting closer. The only hens I have are 4 of the 5 buff and i think the wyandotte. I have left 2 leghorn roosters. Their voices are still cracking when they crow. My astralorp is a big beautiful rooster that crows pretty good now. The buff rooster just started crowing. I do have to check him for spurs and make sure he isn't just a hen actin out .. Since they were all together i dont see a hen acting like a rooster with 3 other roosters.

Of course, I said addicted.. So also in November I ordered from a hatchery because I just wanted some americaunas... But I didn't want 15 chickens so i got more cornish x, most look like roosters. I got 5 americaunas and got them vaccinated. Lost 2 right away. The remaining 3 look like pullets. I also got 5 hatchery choice dual purpose. 2 are black looks like a pullet n a cockerel and I'm thinking australorps. 2 that have some brown or buff on them. I'm curious but I can wait til theyre more grown to figure out what they are.
members.jpg

Back
Top Bottom