Emotionally weak - pet ducks

He had his worms and I have never seen him doing this. I did think he was excited but it prolonged for few minutes that’s when I had my doubts. Slanting his head, running in between and in imperfect circles while the other duck stood still watching him. He’s alright now.

He had his worms and I have never seen him doing this. I did think he was excited but it prolonged for few minutes that’s when I had my doubts. Slanting his head, running in between and in imperfect circles while the other duck stood still watching him. He’s alright now.
I don't think you have anything to worry about..He is acting like a drake and strutting his stuff..They will run and bob their head..

I know his bob when he wants to impress his lady love. This is like tilting his neck kind of thing.

I'm unfamiliar with ducks, but what you've described does sound like a stress reaction.

And stress can abate, but it can also cause problems.

The video would be helpful. Just a short twenty video for a faster upload speed. I found Vimeo to be faster than YouTube. There's an icon of a film strip in the comments toolbar. It's two over from the emoticons smiley face. That's how you upload once you have a link to the video.

Haven’t found my male duck doing his circles anymore. But, My female duck is laying soft eggs continuously for 3 days in a row now. She’s been having oyster shells and has a chicken egg everyday with its shells. She also has dried worms. It’s been 5 days they back from foster home and she has laid two good eggs and 3 soft shell eggs. What needs to be done? Advise please

Back
Top Bottom