employment frustrations- what should I do? rant

Quote:
Great advice! Just run your race, do your job well and then...go home. Also start scouting for other jobs or even another career. Life is short and none of us are getting out alive they say.....live happy!

Whenever my work is getting to me, I just give it over to God and let Him carry it for awhile. It really does make things easier and I start to see it all in a different light....and see how fortunate I really am to have my job.

hugs.gif
I really feel for you! I hope things get better. And there are better working environments out there!

My first "real job" was working in a decent sized family owned construction company. It was awful!!!!! Talk about misery. The three family members were always fighting and being nasty to each other. The funny thing was two out of the three were always nice to me, but being in that environment just drags you down. One of them was not nice to me -- would pretend that I didn't exist when I walked in in the morning (even, though, I said hello) or would huff -- silly things, but made you feel very unwanted. It always made me feel uptight and nervous. There was many nights that I would cry on the way home or my lunch hour. After 9/11 the company became very, very slow and went from a company of 50+ to just 5 people. I was laid off and it was honestly the best thing that could have happened in that situation. I was laid off on a Friday and that next day I found out I was pregnant with my first. I was extremely sick with morning sickness (put on medicine and bed rest for it). And there is no way this company would have understood.

On the other hand, I worked for about a year (part-time) for a very large national construction company and they were the absolute best! They really treated their employees well. No wonder they had such a productive company! I was sad when I had to leave to help my hubby with his business, but I was able to be home more with my little one then.

I really hope you find a better place or you can get some attention at your current employment!
hugs.gif

here's a for instance (names have been changed.lol)

"Please make sure you are filling out your sales incentive sheets and handing them in every Wednesday. This is a requirement of your job. Danielle has only received two sheets in the past two weeks. It is important for these to be sent every week as Buster and I have been reviewing them for performance. "

Now, normally this wouldnt be irritating. But Dec 2010 the Mass DOI changed the eligibilty rules and then added and open enrollment for individuals in the state. They have tied our hands in selling plans here! So how can the sups use this for "performance evals" fairly?
I am turning people away until the OE begins for the Aug and Sept effective dates!!
Oh and then it will prob only be small business's and those are hard to sell due to the rates. Because the CCA is picking up the easy sell plans thru Tufts beginning in August.

I mean come on! head desk head desk head desk:barnie

Last edited:
I guess i dont understand.... you cant sell ins right now because of state laws??
Wouldnt your job know that?? Makes no sense to me..
Have you TOLD them what you are telling us?? ABout the Change in laws , etc....? What do they say?
Can you please explain further...

Quote:
Oh yeah. They know. Hence the frustration over the email being sent out to all of us. Oh.. and for the last two hours I was th eONLY REP answering calls on my side Grrrrrr

Don't knock the retail jobs either. When I lived in Ma. I made very good money selling furniture at Jordans. I stink at selling. I am an accounting type who just wants to scream. save your money, pay cash, don't you know how much that interest will cost you. I still made good money. I worked at the Rugged bear and merchandized kids clothing and still made pretty decent money. Not as good as Jordans but they really were an awesome paying job. So if you can find the right jobs in other areas of business that are closer to home look at them with an open mind. Sometimes the work environment is pretty dang nice too. Many of them actually want you to enjoy your job so you don't scare of customers.

Rhett&SarahsMom :

here's a for instance (names have been changed.lol)

"Please make sure you are filling out your sales incentive sheets and handing them in every Wednesday. This is a requirement of your job. Danielle has only received two sheets in the past two weeks. It is important for these to be sent every week as Buster and I have been reviewing them for performance. "

Now, normally this wouldnt be irritating. But Dec 2010 the Mass DOI changed the eligibilty rules and then added and open enrollment for individuals in the state. They have tied our hands in selling plans here! So how can the sups use this for "performance evals" fairly?
I am turning people away until the OE begins for the Aug and Sept effective dates!!
Oh and then it will prob only be small business's and those are hard to sell due to the rates. Because the CCA is picking up the easy sell plans thru Tufts beginning in August.

I mean come on! head desk head desk head desk:barnie

I can get thats frustrating, but wouldnt that be the case for everyone across the board? i mean if you are all subject to the same laws, then the playing field should be level and you should be able to be rated on your performance relative to your peers. Is that not whats happeneing?​

No, the other "team" that we are all now also backing up doesnt get evaled on sales. And the sales numbers being used as part of of performance evals is new as well. Only the 5 of us are subject to the sales being used as well. When the other reps got back.. and I finally got a chance to the ladies room.. I heard them complaining about it as well. Right now it has turned into which one of us will be the first , second and so on to leave.
roll.png
Our jobs are not easy. the regulations are being changed some times a few times a DAY.. never mind week or month. Getting info from the health plans we deal with is difficult. Getting responses from other departments, since we need to escalate thru our crappy supe is even worse.
We complain. As much as we can.. but nothign is ever done. HR is useless.. they simply do not care. I know from actually trying to get something done when I was "new" I was told by one HR rep that "they dont put notes in our HR files" when we complain.
Right now I simply feel like I am in an abusive relationship with my employer. And since I know my employer isnt going to change.. that means I have to leave.

Am going to see about a retail job this weekend. A neighbor mentioned that one of the local stores is looking for a assitant manager. Only problem there is due to my other "job" I cant work weekends. at all. Knocks out a lot of retail jobs

Update
smile.png

I have been sending out my resume' nearly daily. I am still working at the current job until I either find something new or get fired.
hmm.png

I have a job interview on Thursday during my lunch time. The other job is 8 minutes from my current employer. Doing the same thing. No idea on the $$.. but if it is even near to what I am currently receiving and has the same hours... if they offer it to me I am taking it. I was thinking I could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.. but honestly. This is the fire already.
So we will see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom