Empty egg cartons....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Momma_Cluck, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    There are a LOT of on-line places.. and I am Sure there HAS to be local places to get them..

but I need them to be Un-printed, un-used (local law) and relatively cheap (and quickly!) I have over 8 dozen eggs now-- and get 18-26 a DAY!
    Ive found a food Bank and Womens shelter to donate to, but no cartons for the eggs!

Where do YOU get Yours/ Where do you think you get the best deals???

I am In N.W. Michigan Near Muskegon/Ludington... but if able to purchase by mail, anywhere will do!

Thanks all!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We get ours from the feed store....

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    they need to be unprinted to donate to a food bank?...what about using flats and the food bank can worry about how to divide them if they choose to recycle cartons

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Check out the BYC sponsors - banner in upper right corner. There's an egg carton vendor among them.

5. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Eggcartons.com... is the best... they don't charge ya cheap price to bait you then kill you on shipping.....

6. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    eggcartons.com seems to be relatively cheap with ALL kinds of different boxes

7. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    Here in our county (State too maybe??)
    You can NOT re-use egg cartons or use cartons that have the USDA stamp or "Grade A' on it.. most pre-printed ones do...

I had been looking at eggcartons.com (from the link) and if I get 100 at a time, they'll last me a month for around $35 + Shipping... was hoping to find them a little cheaper (due to shipping)

I'll ask at some of the feed stores tho-- the ones that I have used in the past are "misprints" from someone elses egg business, and I don't want to do their advertising--- or have people think MY eggs are from there!
    They have 100's of caged egg-layers that then end-up processed after a year of non-ending egg-laying monotony...
    NOT an image I want connected to my girls!

8. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by