1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EMU egg hatch

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by goldenseth, Apr 22, 2017.

1. goldenseth

goldenseth New Egg

Mar 19, 2017
    hi we are trying to hatch emu eggs, our emu eggs all have wiggled and have the tink sound on day 52-53 but still no hatch/ we have not heard any whistling back, our temp has been around 95-97 degrees F and humidity at 25-35% and we're rotated 3 times a day, any ideas if they will hatch?or when they will? the wiggling isn't crazy it's just a wiggle and the tink sound happened just a few days ago going from a "thunk" to a "tink" one side of the egg gets warmer then the other// i'm just worried about them any help?

2. goldenseth

goldenseth New Egg

Mar 19, 2017
    they also have lost 13-14 % of total weight loss but we weighed them a few days ago

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under goldenseth [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, I have no incubation experience especially with Emu, only hatches under a broody chicken. However, I see that you have found the Emu Forum so I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I hope the peeps on the Emu forum can help you out.

Good luck
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm glad you have found the emu thread. Years ago many of the chicken folks were raising them and giving info to others on hatching. Since then the interest seems to have waned quite a bite. Probably because they are BIG, and require a lot of room. I believe they took 55 days to hatch and the eggshells are very hard. Good luck with your hatch.

6. goldenseth

goldenseth New Egg

Mar 19, 2017
    good news!! two of our emus have starting whistling to us! i wonder how long before they break through

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by