Emu pictures and stories.... post them here

sad.png
I wants some...

how rare is it to get a double yoke emu egg? And do any of you know where I might could buy a blown double yoke?

Morning, Drumlogic. It’s hospitable to address all questions:

I know nothing – but I thought that you blow an egg by poking a hole in the end, and then sticking in, say, a knitting needle, and shmooshing the contents up in order to make the blowing easier. That is . . . would you know that an egg had been a double-yoker?

Perhaps you’d get a reliable report from someone who made emu-egg omelettes. There have been just a couple of mentions of this in the years of the posts here.

Supreme Emu

Last edited:
Five Years of Observations!

R.I.P. Number One Emu
R.I.P. Bruce Chick
R.I.P. Sikecil Chick

Here are my two tame-wild rothschildis, as chicks, in March, 2009. Note in the background . . . the fig tree!!

We lost Number One. Greedy is alive and well. She bred here last season. Her sister, Felicity, is here this morning.

Their dad is Eric, shown here with his 2012 clutch. So, these two chicks are siblings of Greedy and Felicity. All eight of the emus in these photos are related by birth or consort-ship. We have good data on three generations of this family.

What prompted me to post this morning is the photo below. Here is Felicity Emu with her wild consort, Noddy (Big Ears) Emu. Note the fig tree.

Now here below is a photo of two emus in front of the same tree. It’s Greedy and Boy Emu, taken last autumn.

The consorts of the two tame-wild birds (both female) become a little tame themselves, which means we can observe them. They are first seen as shadows in the gum trees. The tame-wild bird calls them, and they come into the clearing, and have their first taste of . . . wheat! Greedy is approaching me. Boy Emu is at the back.

S.E.

Last edited:
how rare is it to get a double yoke emu egg? And do any of you know where I might could buy a blown double yoke?

double yolk eggs are SUPPOSEDLY fairly common for first year layers.. (kind of peanut shaped eggs)

I know kalaya emu sells blown eggs.. and has a ton of emu.. they may be able to help you out on your quest
http://www.kalayaemuestate.com/catalog_c33164.html

they are a reputable company too

Morning, Drumlogic. It’s hospitable to address all questions:

I know nothing – but I thought that you blow an egg by poking a hole in the end, and then sticking in, say, a knitting needle, and shmooshing the contents up in order to make the blowing easier. That is . . . would you know that an egg had been a double-yoker?

Perhaps you’d get a reliable report from someone who made emu-egg omelettes. There have been just a couple of mentions of this in the years of the posts here.

Supreme Emu

emu egg omelettes...
droolin.gif

lol.. SE I have instructions in my siggy as to blowing out emu eggs..

Five Years of Observations!

R.I.P. Number One Emu
R.I.P. Bruce Chick
R.I.P. Sikecil Chick

Here are my two tame-wild rothschildis, as chicks, in March, 2009. Note in the background . . . the fig tree!!

We lost Number One. Greedy is alive and well. She bred here last season. Her sister, Felicity, is here this morning.

Their dad is Eric, shown here with his 2012 clutch. So, these two chicks are siblings of Greedy and Felicity. All eight of the emus in these photos are related by birth or consort-ship. We have good data on three generations of this family.

What prompted me to post this morning is the photo below. Here is Felicity Emu with her wild consort, Noddy (Big Ears) Emu. Note the fig tree.

Now here below is a photo of two emus in front of the same tree. It’s Greedy and Boy Emu, taken last autumn.

The consorts of the two tame-wild birds (both female) become a little tame themselves, which means we can observe them. They are first seen as shadows in the gum trees. The tame-wild bird calls them, and they come into the clearing, and have their first taste of . . . wheat! Greedy is approaching me. Boy Emu is at the back.

S.E.

I love your pics of the wild birds...

we may have our "pet" emu.. but you have the pleasure of seeing them in their wild state.. have to admit that I'm just a bit jealous

Back
Top Bottom