Emu pictures and stories.... post them here

I made a video of Gerry, he's not far behind Fred and Wilma there, his favorite thing to do is sit in my lap (Even more than outside time if you'll believe it) but it won't be much longer before he won't fit.

Ohhhh, I believe it ! ! I LOVE Gerry! Beautiful video, too! Hope to see more! I could sit and watch all day long!

Last edited:

This is Genghis Khan. Technically, he's my husband's. The butt you see there is Archimedes...MINE! Right now we use a cattle marker to identify the two. I can't seem to tell them apart otherwise (except for the fact that Archimedes is much nicer).

This is Precious....not looking her best, I'll admit! She is much cuter nowadays. When I take her outside, she follows me around and will whistle a LOT if she can't find me. It makes my heart happy!

I've got more coming too, I got a video of him soaking in his tub of water, playing with a tennis ball and attacking the vacuum cleaner earlier. Even funnier is him playing with our little road mutt 'Mr. Binks' which I haven't been able to record yet. I just need to start taking the camera with me every time I take him outside.
Mr. Binks doesn't let Gerry get too close to avoid getting his tail pecked but he'll run and Gerry will chase him while doing his happy Emu dance, and when Gerry stops Mr. Binks will run around behind him to get him to chase some more.

Gerry has proven himself quite capable of holding his own against our three dogs and he's not much bigger than a chicken, the other two will have nothing to do with Gerry at all which is funny because they're both bird dogs. Must have been a bit of a shock for them because the first time they met Gerry ran right up to them and pecked them both on the nose, went something like "This bird isn't running away, what's wrong with it? Hey, it's coming this way. Run away, it bites, it bites hard!". It'll be interesting to see how things go as he gets bigger.

He's starting to spend more time outside too, but he's still not too keen on being left alone so I have to put him back in his cage when I need to go out to the workshop or he spends all his time pacing the fence and crying. Least in his cage he settles down and goes to sleep when he's alone.

this is a great thread love the pictures kathy cant wait to watch them keep growing theyre almost as big as your grandson
lau.gif
and he doesnt look a bit afraid LOL

Back
Top Bottom