Emu pictures and stories.... post them here

Emus eating followed by Louis with his head in the goat chow feed bin. The wounds on his head and neck are from a donkey stomping he received last week.

Last edited:
Donkey stomping!
th.gif

They are so darling, Farmerboy

I am super jealous!! I want one or some girls... So i dont have to worry bout fertile eggs... Cant wait to have the land and space! So question do yall eat the eggs? Do they taste different the chicken eggs? Do emus need to be in pairs? Or can you just have one?

While sitting in the sun in the house-clearing, reading, I looked up to see an emu drifting through the gum trees. Behind it was what looked at first like a snake – a little black head bobbing in and out of sight. I sat very still until there was a big tree between the emu and me, then zipped over under it, to observe. The ‘snake’ was a chick no more than a week or ten days old. Just the one, and the male was walking ever so slowly to allow it to keep up. It was so small it was having trouble ploughing through eight inches of grass. This is the first time that this is happened (my chicks were about three months old when Eric the Emu brought them to the house-clearing for the first time.), and they approached to within the length of a tennis court. I was thrilled. It’s only the fact that ‘my’ emus interact with the wild emus (and the fact that there are no dogs or cats here) that allows the house-clearing to be on the wild emu’s ‘map.’ I saw them three times in all. Supreme Emu

Took some pictures of the Germu today. He's been much better about being outside on his own and hardly ever cries unless he realizes there's someone he can get attention from, he's become very gentle when he pecks and it's little more than a tap now, took awhile to get him there but he's quite pleasant to be around.
He's got a fun day coming up next month too, he's been invited to a pet and livestock supply store to entertain the 4H kids and he loves kids, they run with him a lot longer than I do.

Back
Top Bottom