Emu- where to get them?

millie481

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 1, 2010
Marengo, Ohio
I am doing my research on emus. I have been doing alot of reading, but I am having trouble finding out where to get emu chicks or pairs. any info would be great! Thank you in advance.

Hi, On Ebay there is an emu egg at auction? There is no return on this egg? It could be hatched or eatened? The auction is up in 30 minutes....it is 7:35p.m....michigan time. The bid is $17.25 and the shipping and handling is $15.00. I am wondering, would you or anyone buy an emu egg on Ebay? Chris

I'm sure if you wait a little while, one of our BYC memebers will have some eggs etc.. for sale, as now is breeding season, but Wow..... that's an early egg I guess. My one pair has been breeding, but this is really their first season... hope to get eggs.

I don't want eggs. Unfortunately,
sad.png
I don't have an incubator or know anyone with one. so I want to get a couple of chicks or a pair. Still doing more research before jumpimg into this though!
caf.gif
Does onyone know if I can get sexed chicks?
fl.gif
Their eggs are so beautiful!
droolin.gif
I can't wait to be ready for my emu(s)! And those eyes...Don't get me started!
love.gif

Male chicks are suppose to have a 'Bullseye" pattern in their stripes on top of the head....... but some are very hard to tell. You can have them DNA sexed, or vent sexed if someone knows what they are looking at...... I did both and when I vent sexed the 2 it ended up being 2 males, which the DNA also concluded. Look in your local Livestock sales advertisements, put out wanted ads on craigslist etc.... You'd be surprised how close some may be.

I just went up this weekend and got me a male from georgiana AL. So Hoping to have eggs soon. This is my females first season. The male is 15 years old though and I don't really know how long do they live??????

Back
Top Bottom