EMU's Hatching NOW question.

28000_emu_pics3_day_1_001.jpg

gp

Last edited:
Worth the wait but, wow what size. Have you weighed them? I've been looking at the beaks and wondering how soon do they become dangerous to humans. I mean a chicken baby can peck
you. An Emu baby can PECK YOU, probably causing great pain , suffering and a need to find spare body parts. People know the damage a parrot can inflict. IMagine the look on a hawk,coon, coyote, dog, cat(insert species here) when they come face to face with a half grown "chick" - PRICELESS. This is what is needed to repel neighbors dogs and predators two legged and all.

Quote:
I do think they'd be good protectors, but I'd be more worried about their feet than their beaks.

The petting zoo at the local fair had a stall full of 1/2 grown emus last fall. They were really cute, but they tried to climb the walls of the stall to get at the sweet feed the workers were selling. I was the only one with the guts to feed those cute faces. But those feet DO get big and have great big toe nails. And their legs were strong enough that I'm sure they could keep those 'teens' in that stall much longer!

Last night I dreamed of green chicks running around my basement.
I want to hatch an emu sooooo badly. And I know who I could give it to later, some friends on a farm. Wish I knew someone in TN with eggs!

Back
Top Bottom