END OF DAY 20 GETTING WORRIED

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE INFO THIS IS MY FIRST HATCH AND I AM A WRECK I WILL BE SO DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DONT HATCH I HAVE TOOK CARE OF THEM LIKE THEY WERE MY BABIES

i was up til 3 am fooling with settings to get it just right.
th.gif
my husband makes fun of me but oh well i sell all and make money tee hee. i have a day and night job when it comes to hatching.
pop.gif

I CAN NOT GET MY HUMIDITY HIGHER THEN 65 WHY IS THAT WHAT CAN I DO I HAVE PUT SPONGES IN AND CONTAINERS OF WATER ??????????

well my last batch I was up like every 2 hours from day 19 on cause they all kept pipping every time I would check. The batch I am on now is only on day 9 and I keep checking often....it is worse than having a newborn human baby!!!
lol.png

mine are due mon. but im ok if they are a couple days late. its always nerve wracking . and just so you know the wait doesnt get easier, maybe day 1-18 but then the worry always comes. i laugh and say this place is my support group
gig.gif
its worth every bit though fo fuzz butts

By the way, do you have a still air incubator, or-with a fan? The still airs you measure temperature at`the top of the eggs to be at 102 I think it is. Mine are still hatching and we`re going into day 23

if you just tried to raise it up wait a bit. what brand do you have? can you take a tube through a vent to add water? also if you have to, very fast slip damp sponge in. or i have wetted down napkins and in small pieces shoved in holes on top. another trick is to lay a wet dish towel on top corner of bator. i also have ran a humidifier next to it.

Still air incubators should be at 102 F. Your 65% humidity is fine though.
Hope you get some little chicks soon.

Back
Top Bottom