1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

END OF DAY 20 GETTING WORRIED

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DAVINAKEITH, Mar 20, 2009.

1. DAVINAKEITH

DAVINAKEITH Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2009
    WE ARE AT THE END OF DAY 20 FOR OUR CHICKEN EGGS AND I AM GETTING WORRIED THAT HAVE NOT STARTED TO PIP I HAVE HAD 2 THAT STARTED TO LEAK CLEAR LIQUID AND I TOOK THEM OUT AND IT APPEARED THEY DIED AT ABOUT 5 DAYS

2. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    no worries. mine took until day 24!!! man i was freakin. what is your temp and humidity at?

3. DAVINAKEITH

Mar 15, 2009
    MY TEMP IS AT 99.9 AND HUM IS 65%

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    You are fine, may not see pips for a couple days yet, Day 20 is early unless your bator is running hot. Don't mess with them,
    just be patient... I know it's hard!

Nancy

5. jj ranch

Jan 13, 2009
    perfect. when i worried and posted here, someone told me to raise humidity to 70 from 65. well i did and i started having action with rocking, i think it woke them up lol

6. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:see what happens.....you worry and then things start happening....Know that you saw them move just wait till your lower back starts hurting cause you are checking the bator every 2 minutes for action. [​IMG] I know this because the exact same thing happened to me! Good luck on the hatch!!

7. jj ranch

Jan 13, 2009
    huh lol i was checking bators when you posted hahahahahaha im sick i have 3 going and on day 19 on 2 of them

8. DAVINAKEITH

Mar 15, 2009
    THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING I LOOK AT LEAST EVERY 10 MIN. I CANT STAND TO LEAVE THEM ALONE

9. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:3 incubators??? all due at once?? Oh yeah lower back problems coming on I can see it know!! [​IMG]

10. DAVINAKEITH

Mar 15, 2009
    WHEN ARE YOURS DUE TO HATCH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by