End of day 22?

I don't think you killed her. I think she was malpositioned and unable to pip.
Full yoke, still. Her bum was pointing to the top where I took the dry shell off.
Poor thing. To help your orientation, she shell is in the correct place as it came off
IMG_20201031_100915.jpg

Awww I’m so sorry to hear... I’m no expert but it doesn’t look like she would have ever pipped... 😔 I think you did all you could!

How is the lone hatchling?

Awww I’m so sorry to hear... I’m no expert but it doesn’t look like she would have ever pipped... 😔 I think you did all you could!

How is the lone hatchling?
That's reassuring. I got her some friends - they can see each other but not yet contact. The friends are a bit bigger. Shall I just put them all together now? I need a more efficient food and drink system. They are making such a mess.

IMG-20201030-WA0035.jpeg
IMG-20201030-WA0027.jpeg
IMG-20201030-WA0043.jpeg

I'm also not an eggtopsy expert. If you would like advice on what went wrong, I would suggest making a new thread with a recap of this one, with pics.

Glad you got some friends for your baby. I can't tell, but they don't look that much bigger. You could put her in and watch her for a while to see how they accept her.

I'm also not an eggtopsy expert. If you would like advice on what went wrong, I would suggest making a new thread with a recap of this one, with pics.

Glad you got some friends for your baby. I can't tell, but they don't look that much bigger. You could put her in and watch her for a while to see how they accept her.
Here they are :) will do. Thanks so much again for your help and time. At least I've one healthy girl from the clutch
IMG-20201030-WA0062.jpeg

If you're going to have another go at in, I'd keep the humidity low for the first 18 days, then bump up to 60-75% for lockdown. I run my home made incubator dry until lockdown. I'm not saying this is the best way, but having too high humidity during the first 18 days can cause issues.

If you're going to have another go at in, I'd keep the humidity low for the first 18 days, then bump up to 60-75% for lockdown. I run my home made incubator dry until lockdown. I'm not saying this is the best way, but having too high humidity during the first 18 days can cause issues.
Thanks I will do. By low, is 50% ok?

Back
Top Bottom