Ended Official BYC Coop Page Contest #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to start judging this contest soon. I was hoping to get a few more entries first
wink.png
but it looks like our coop builders are snowed in at the moment!

Our first attempt at raising chickens...we bought a pre-fab coop for our three girls and I made some minor enhancements to dress the place up a little. They seem to enjoy their humble abode, now only if they would start paying their rent!

I will try not be long winded, the coop started as a dream to have some chickens, I looked at the Amish chicken coops and said I could build that. I drew up a set up plans and it just got bigger and bigger by the time I was done it had electricity, running water, tv, covered porch. Then we started on the run, decided it should be covered to protect them from predators, although they spend most of their time free ranging. The run also has a compost pile and a water system. The reason for the TV (everyone asks) when they were chicks and ducklings they were in my daughters room who liked to fall asleep to the tv so when the tv would come on, they would all quiet down and watch it. To this day when the tv comes on they all go to their spots and watch chicken run. My future plans (this year) I am planning on putting an addition on for feed and extra supplies, I also am adding a second section to the run in case any of the birds need to be quarantined.

<Snip!>

The reason for the TV (everyone asks) when they were chicks and ducklings they were in my daughters room who liked to fall asleep to the tv so when the tv would come on, they would all quiet down and watch it. To this day when the tv comes on they all go to their spots and watch chicken run. </snip!>
gig.gif
I have to ask, do they have cable or satellite?
lau.gif

I can hardly wait until 2019 when we get to hear the winners!
lol.png

In the meantime I decided to pretty up that plain old front wall and added a couple of flower boxes.

Currently I have some columbine plants in them, I'm hoping it not too sunny for them, but if it is I put some lupine seeds in there too, just in case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom