Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #20

That's all folks!.gif

This contest is now closed!
Thank you so much to everyone who participated! Judging will begin today and we will announce the winners here soon. So stay tuned and good luck to the contestants!!

Be sure to check out the new contest!

Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #21

@chickenlover22345, @Gigachad poultry, @Patiocoturnix, @Shabby Chic-Hens, @StinkyAcres, & @thecatumbrella. Thank you for your entries!
The Ultimate Chicken Care Guide: Caring for Them, Disabled Chickens, Enrichment and More

The Ultimate Chicken Care Guide: Caring for Them, Disabled Chickens, Enrichment and More

Introduction to the article This article, written by me in my own words, covers everything from caring for them to chicken calls and their meaning, caring for chicks to disabled chickens. I hope that you will read this article because everyone knows the basics of chicken care. Chickens are an...
The Ultimate Poultry and Caged Bird Care Guide: Housing, Farming, Species, Enrichment and More

The Ultimate Poultry and Caged Bird Care Guide: Housing, Farming, Species, Enrichment and More

Introduction to the article This is going to be a REALLY long article I have written myself. There are many different species of fowl (excluding chickens) that are frequently mentioned on BYC. Some of these include ducks, pigeons, finches and native parrots, pheasants, peafowl, guinea-fowl...
Tips on getting Coturnix quail to brood their eggs

Although many people say that Cortunix quails have lost their broody and we have bred that out of them. The truth is that because most people keep their quail in wire cages with little too no hay or shavings anywhere. I've actually been rather successful when attempting to get my quail to brood...
Breeding Budgies: A Comprehensive Guide to Successful Breeding

Introduction: Breeding budgies, also known as parakeets, can be an enjoyable and rewarding bird that can give great experiencye for all avian enthusiasts, especially when you breed them. However, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the breeding process of budgies and how to...
How to take care of coturnix quail egg-end of life.

It all starts when you collect or buy your eggs, you decide to eat or incubate them. Eating them is good but incubating them into little fluff balls is even better. First things first you’re going to need an incubator that is reliable. If you don’t know about it yet always do a test run without...
How to Hatch an Egg (Or 22 of them!)

How to hatch chickens! Hatching chicks is very fun, but one has to know about everything from where to get eggs to how to get 50 eggs from only one hen and a rooster, via this marvelous thing called chicken math. Here is the ultimate guide to raising chicks from scratch. First you will...
Dilapidated Dresser to Nifty Nesting Boxes!

Even though my old nesting boxes that my parents built were still in acceptable shape, I needed new ones. I had recently bought several Brahmas (the second largest chicken breed in the world!) and I needed something quite a bit larger and lower to the ground. Silver-laced Wyandottes in the...
The Dig Box: Customizable Fun for Any Chicken Run

What is a dig box? A dig box is a form of "hentertainment", providing a place to dust bathe, forage, roost, warm your feet, and hang with friends. It also serves as a piece of poultry furniture. It's large enough to be an obstacle that lower ranked chickens can escape behind, and can be built...

Who are the
@chickenlover22345, @Gigachad poultry, @Patiocoturnix, @Shabby Chic-Hens, @StinkyAcres, & @thecatumbrella. Thank you for your entries!

Introduction to the article This article, written by me in my own words, covers everything from caring for them to chicken calls and their meaning, caring for chicks to disabled chickens. I hope that you will read this article because everyone knows the basics of chicken care. Chickens are an...

Introduction to the article This is going to be a REALLY long article I have written myself. There are many different species of fowl (excluding chickens) that are frequently mentioned on BYC. Some of these include ducks, pigeons, finches and native parrots, pheasants, peafowl, guinea-fowl...

Although many people say that Cortunix quails have lost their broody and we have bred that out of them. The truth is that because most people keep their quail in wire cages with little too no hay or shavings anywhere. I've actually been rather successful when attempting to get my quail to brood...

Introduction: Breeding budgies, also known as parakeets, can be an enjoyable and rewarding bird that can give great experiencye for all avian enthusiasts, especially when you breed them. However, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the breeding process of budgies and how to...

It all starts when you collect or buy your eggs, you decide to eat or incubate them. Eating them is good but incubating them into little fluff balls is even better. First things first you’re going to need an incubator that is reliable. If you don’t know about it yet always do a test run without...

How to hatch chickens! Hatching chicks is very fun, but one has to know about everything from where to get eggs to how to get 50 eggs from only one hen and a rooster, via this marvelous thing called chicken math. Here is the ultimate guide to raising chicks from scratch. First you will...

Even though my old nesting boxes that my parents built were still in acceptable shape, I needed new ones. I had recently bought several Brahmas (the second largest chicken breed in the world!) and I needed something quite a bit larger and lower to the ground. Silver-laced Wyandottes in the...

What is a dig box? A dig box is a form of "hentertainment", providing a place to dust bathe, forage, roost, warm your feet, and hang with friends. It also serves as a piece of poultry furniture. It's large enough to be an obstacle that lower ranked chickens can escape behind, and can be built...
winners?

Who are the

winners?

It just ended. 👇

That's all folks!.gif's all folks!.gif

This contest is now closed!
Thank you so much to everyone who participated! Judging will begin today and we will announce the winners here soon. So stay tuned and good luck to the contestants!!
Be sure to check out the new contest!

Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #21

The Process:
  1. You write an article.
  2. Entries accepted until December 23rd, 2023, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time
  3. Judging starts on December 25th, 2023
  4. Judging ends December 29th, 2023
  5. Winners are announced on December 30th, 2023

I can't wait to see who wins!!!

Back
Top Bottom