Energy exports ?

And that is why we need to convert to natural gas. If we had a national conversion program, we could do it in a year. We need to give oil companies tax incentives to convert their infrastructure and build re fueling stations. Once the stations and distribution system are in place, people will buy the cars or convert their current vehicles.

However, we are hamstrung by those people that hate oil companies and are basically at war with industry and business. They want the good things in life, but they don't want to pay for them. They are so bound up in the fear that someone may have a better economic life than them, they bugger up the system. But yet, they run to Wally World to get the best buy on the cheap Chinese goods.

God help us!

Have you looked at the cost to convert your car to NG ?

http://www.greencar.com/articles/can-convert-natural-gas.php

Quote:
I knew someone who's father converted a pickup to NG in the gas crisis but knowing his family was always lower middle/upper lower class I doubt if they spent money in the same proportion due to inflation.
Back then you could do it yourself for cheaper, but now the Government is involved. I do think there should be a fuel tax for roads from NG to cars and trucks.
It wont be cheap to replace the diesel fuel infrastructure. And I don't know how they can collect the fuel tax for home refilling of NG.

Again, the problem is government regulation. Government is not the answer; it is the problem.

Again, the problem is government regulation. Government is not the answer; it is the problem.

NG tanks are a lot more dangerous then gasoline tanks. And a car not converted right is a bomb on wheels.
I think that we should stick to fleet cars and trucks for NG. Let people's car run on gasoline.
Also they're starting to build trains to run on NG. All the trash trucks and buses around here use NG.

Quote:
I knew someone who's father converted a pickup to NG in the gas crisis but knowing his family was always lower middle/upper lower class I doubt if they spent money in the same proportion due to inflation.
Back then you could do it yourself for cheaper, but now the Government is involved. I do think there should be a fuel tax for roads from NG to cars and trucks.
It wont be cheap to replace the diesel fuel infrastructure. And I don't know how they can collect the fuel tax for home refilling of NG.
perhaps lp gas, with special home tanks just for lp for cars paying a fuel tax on just that tank collection by the lp company like sales and employee taxes

Quote:
perhaps lp gas, with special home tanks just for lp for cars paying a fuel tax on just that tank collection by the lp company like sales and employee taxes

LP gas is even more dangerous then NG. Nope leave private cars and trucks on gasoline for now.

Another thing to consider: http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...s-the-next-big-source-of-demand-for-natu.aspx

Relative to automobiles, the State of Arizona has been running most of its auto fleet on natural gas for years. The cars are bi fuel. So far there does not seem to be a problem, but the City of Phoenix has had a disasterous accident with a police car.

Iran is fueling their automobiles with natural gas, but then again they have also had some accidents. So, it seems that we need to do this conversion very carefully.

Another thing to consider: http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...s-the-next-big-source-of-demand-for-natu.aspx

Relative to automobiles, the State of Arizona has been running most of its auto fleet on natural gas for years. The cars are bi fuel. So far there does not seem to be a problem, but the City of Phoenix has had a disasterous accident with a police car.

Iran is fueling their automobiles with natural gas, but then again they have also had some accidents. So, it seems that we need to do this conversion very carefully.

Yep I knew they were converting the new trains to NG.
NG is great for fleet vehicles not so much for private vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom