Energy exports ?

I do not think we should,but this is a corporate run government so money talks.People want to get rich before the bubble bursts.

Some years ago, there was in place a plan to ship natural gas from Bolivia through Peru and then on tankers to Puerto Libertad, Sonora. From there a pipeline would take it into the US to serve the west coast.

When Evo Morales was elected, the whole plan was abandoned. At the same time, the oil industry discovered that by using deep drilling and fracking, shale deposits in the US
could provide massive amounts of cheap gas.

Now that pipeline is being used to supply US gas to northern Mexico.

Although Mexico produces a lot of oil, they flare off the gas. It is a terrible waste. Most people rely upon bottled gas, and that isn't cheap. Sad but true.

Some years ago, there was in place a plan to ship natural gas from Bolivia through Peru and then on tankers to Puerto Libertad, Sonora. From there a pipeline would take it into the US to serve the west coast.

When Evo Morales was elected, the whole plan was abandoned. At the same time, the oil industry discovered that by using deep drilling and fracking, shale deposits in the US
could provide massive amounts of cheap gas.

Now that pipeline is being used to supply US gas to northern Mexico.

Although Mexico produces a lot of oil, they flare off the gas. It is a terrible waste. Most people rely upon bottled gas, and that isn't cheap. Sad but true.

Mexico is all screwed up.
I think we should buy it and fix it up and flip it.

I want Mexico's tax policy and the US's security. I guess I can't have it both ways. Years ago, I and the wife thought we would retire in Mexico. Well, time went by, and it came to us. If immigration ever came to this neighborhood, there wouldn't be anyone left here but us and dogs and cats. I suppose that also is the case in Hemet.

The world is changing very fast. When we were kids, the teachers would smack kids for speaking anything but English.

The Indian kids had it the worst. They were always getting whapped.

Speaking Spanish was something done furtively between good friends. It was a sign of friendship and confidence.

Now days, if you want to order a burger you just about have to speak Spanish to get it the way you want it. It doesn't bother me and the wife, but we have friends that find it objectionable. But then, they could always go back to Wisconsin if that can't hack it here.

Sorry about the rambling toot; I guess I am getting a little senile.

I want Mexico's tax policy and the US's security. I guess I can't have it both ways. Years ago, I and the wife thought we would retire in Mexico. Well, time went by, and it came to us. If immigration ever came to this neighborhood, there wouldn't be anyone left here but us and dogs and cats. I suppose that also is the case in Hemet.

The world is changing very fast. When we were kids, the teachers would smack kids for speaking anything but English.

The Indian kids had it the worst. They were always getting whapped.

Speaking Spanish was something done furtively between good friends. It was a sign of friendship and confidence.

Now days, if you want to order a burger you just about have to speak Spanish to get it the way you want it. It doesn't bother me and the wife, but we have friends that find it objectionable. But then, they could always go back to Wisconsin if that can't hack it here.

Sorry about the rambling toot; I guess I am getting a little senile.

It's not as bad here as a lot of S. Calif.

I find it odd that now most of the signs here are now in Spanish or English and Spanish, but in Mexico the situation is the same. No French signs yet.

Back
Top Bottom