English Ixworth rooster

I made a few useful things over the years, but seem to get lost so keep here in this post that save me the trouble looking for it in the future. Hopefully, can help other out.
hredirect1.php.jpg

hredirect3.php.jpg

Roost template:
hredirect2.php.jpg

Flowtron BK-40D fly zapper.
Caution!!! Water, Metal, and Electricity don't mix well so be extras careful. I claim no responsible.
FlytrapZapperParts.JPG

FlytrapZapper1.JPG

FlytrapZapper3.jpg

Last edited:
Update on the 3 days work of fly zapper.
It's working very well and able to get rid off few hundreds flies. I made coke bottle trap as well, but only got 5 flies.
I am just working with what I have available. If I have to spend money and do it again, the rectangle bug zapper would be much better choice and has larger zap area.
ZapTrap1.JPG

Those who hate fly this is the way to go. Here is another 4 days update on Fly Zapper. I terminated so many flies in 7 days. This is the last update on the subject.
For those plan to buy a zapper, there are 2 type; vertical rod and rod/mesh screen zappers. The Flowtron BK-40D is the rod type. It requires less maintenance, quick and easy to clean. The bug tend to fall off down the bottom. My guess the rod/mesh screen type would more effective to kill the fly than rod. However, it requires clean more often because bug tend stuck on the screen. Good luck everyone!

An improvement that force the fly to enter from the top and escape from the bottom:
ZapperImp1.JPG

4 days of zapping:
Flies1.JPG

Rod type:
BugRod1.JPG

Rod/mesh type:
Bugmesh1.JPG

Last edited:
There are 3 chicks with golden feather. It probably come from the Ixworth. The Ixworth was breed by Mr. Reginald Appleyard back in 1932 with white Sussex, white Minorca, white Orpington, Jubilee and white Indian Game. Here is a photo.
Ixworth_Pullet.JPG

Last edited:
Here is 2 months weigh. I can't feed them 20%+ feed because they are in tight space and start picking feather each other at 5 weeks. The only choice is let them roam with the main block. They are eating normal 16% layer feed, crack corn, and kitchen scrap.
29.3 oz

Back
Top Bottom