Very cool goals, please keep us updated in the Homesteading forum! Your setup seems very similar to mine, and I also have a very strong soft spot for English Orps - when I get my new shipment of chicks at the end of May, they will make up over half my flock! I have a silver lace and a black currently (the black Drogon is actually a lavender Orp mixed with a black Australorp, she's just gorgeous) and I'm getting blue, buff, and lavender chicks from Meyer on the 29th.
Please let me know about your chicks quality when they arrive. We got Bees again but just two hives to get us going. At one time many years ago we had gotten up to 9 large and full hives. Aiming to get our hives multiplying each year. The goats we hope will be good Milkers for Cheese & Soap making. Not going to be eating them! Not my babies!

I am looking into eating more fruits, veggies, fish, eggs and diary from our own, rather than eating meat. Please keep in touch if you can. Let me know what you have growing. We certainly have enough acreage just want to garden not farm and there is a difference. Hubby is figuring how many trees we will need to put on 30+ acres. The rest will just be for gardening and small pastures. I asked him to have the forest taken out so it can be replaced with Orchards. He said he likes our privacy the thick woods gives us. I will try and figure out how to find the Homestead forum.

-byc-clouds.png

Back
Top Bottom