"enjoying" vacation????

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
I went to visit my DD for a week, and missed my chickens terribly, and couldn't wait to get home. How do you get soooo attached to chickens that you dislike being away from them. Am I nuts?

My DH wants to buy a camper now, I'm wondering if its a good idea. I feel like a nut but I can't help it.

I'll be taking a week in July - I hate leaving my animals but my mom and dad who don't live far will be taking care of them so I know they will be in good hands.

Since we couldn't find time for a vacation to Florida this year, the only trip I have to look forward to is the bike rally in Hot Springs in September. I WILL be going and the chickens and all the other critters will be just fine. Besides, just like with human kids, I'll be a better mommy after some time away.

Since I moved to a farm, I feel a LOT less need to take vacations -- I feel like I live in a quaint village in Tuscany as it is! Sunshine, fresh air, nature, chickens roaming, awesome organic food and fresh milk, breezes blowing through the trees and the hammocks.
smile.png

the following exchange took place at our house a month ago:

DH: The trouble with having a lot of animals is that it's harder to get away.

ME: Why would we want to do that?

I agree with Chickenannie . . . I love being at home.

I was just asking about this very topic today in the chat room.. I am hopeing to go to Arlington for the Scottish Festival in 2 weeks, and I am worried sick about leaving my babies behind!! They are still in the house in a big brooder, and I know they will be ok for 2 days... but I still worry so much. My other animals I know will be fine.. but If I could convince my aunt to let me bring them with me, I would... but I bet my car would be stinky after a 3 hour drive with 7 bantie chickens!!

Talked about poop! Just imagine the MESS!

Vacation? This word is not in my vocabulary. At scool we get an extended weekend in the summer... about two months, actually... what is "vacaion"?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I havent been on a vacation since I bought my horse three years ago! I just cant leave him! And it isnt like he wont be taken care of well. He is my boy.

I am the same way about my rabbits, cats and dog. Adding chickens wont make me any crazier
tongue.png

LOL, You all have such good points. I love being home. I have had horses for over 20 years. There's always some pet to worry about. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes being home.
I do think I'd like to go on 2-3 day trips. That's what I think I could deal with, LOL

Back
Top Bottom