"enjoying" vacation????

Get a REALLY big RV - and take em with you!
gig.gif

I am such a homebody! I love being here and care nothing about going anywhere over night.. I prefer my home, my farm, my animals, and my BED! I traveled when I was a kid--moved everywhere, traveled everywhere else and I HATE it.. Leave me home and I am a happy camper.. Dh keeps saying 'when you get chickens you will not want to go anywhere'! HELLOOOOOOO, I don't want to go anywhere NOW!

He once said, when he retired he was gonna by a RV and travel all over the US, Canada etc....I said "just remember to send postcards!!"
big_smile.png

I dont take vacations either. I love being home. I worked very hard for all of my life to end up with my little farm, and every spare minute I have I want to be there. Staying home is my vacation. Theres no where Id rather be, with all my little critters, lots to do, gardens, chickens, horses, my puppies. Why in the world would I want to pay money to go somewhere else?

I agree. I live 50 miles outside the city and have a horrendous commute to work, but wouldn't give up where I live for anything. My coworkers talk about going to the mountains for the weekend, renting a cabin, etc. and all I can say is...that's where I live. Mountain views, rolling pastures, peace and quiet, hot tub...not to mention my dogs & cats & chicks...plus a fast Internet connection. What more could I want?
big_smile.png

I can see how you feel that way. I however love taking vacations away from the pets! I am lucky to have my mom close by and she spoils our pets when we'e gone. I think my animals are probably happy when we're gone!
lol.png

My wife and I spent 3 weeks in China, we feel very comforable having a friend watch the house and animals. The only problem we had was my 15 year old chocolate lab passed while we were away, he buried her on our property her health was beginning to deteriorate rapidly right before we left.

Anymore staying at home is the best vacation I could have. So much so my daughters are moving here so we can see our grandkids. Now if I can only convince my son.....
I can't wait to teach my grandson to be a "farmer". My granddaughters are VERY excited 'cause grandpa has already promised them their own chickens. And they understand too that chickens, while they can be pets, are also food.

Quote:
This is my number one fear - I come home to my dog (my baby) gone. I don't think I could handle that!

I do like to take a vacation every year - I have 7 siblings and we are scattered in different states- every year we get together - usually at the beach and rent a house or condo. We have a fantastic time and enjoy being together.

Back
Top Bottom