"enjoying" vacation????

Quote:
I love the combo horse trailer/rv's. My dream but my pocket book isn't that big.
But lately I've been looking into rv/horse/chicken combos. Seen any for sale, like used and low priced????
Of course I would come visit. Just don't make any silkie suprise dinner to honor my presense.

Last edited:
Funny, I've lived in a country setting with horses, and now chickens, too, and every time I think about going away, it's to a country place, LOL, like a quaint B+B, or historic town, or Williamsburg, or a place with cabins and trail riding. It's never to anywhere not country.
I guess what I wouldn't mind is a one or two day trip. That would be enough for me.
DH wants to drive to Alaska, I hope he brings a coat and sends me a post card too!!!

Quote:
This is my number one fear - I come home to my dog (my baby) gone. I don't think I could handle that!

I do like to take a vacation every year - I have 7 siblings and we are scattered in different states- every year we get together - usually at the beach and rent a house or condo. We have a fantastic time and enjoy being together.

I had an old dog, and worried everytime I left that this would happen.
sad.png

We try to get away for 2 weeks every summer to go trout fishing in the mountains, which I absolutely LOVE, both the fish and the fishing, and I actually LIKE not having to go take care of everybody first thing in the morning for that time. There is a very reliable house-sitting service here in town that I use, and I can check in with them anytime I want, so I am comfortable leaving all my "babies".

We are leaving tomorrow for two weeks and I was really worried about it for a while. But we are using the same person we used last year to watch the animals and the house and she was very good before, so I'm sure she will do a good job this year, too.

I don't miss my animals as much as I worry something will happen to the house or a horse will get loose. But everything is set, the house sitter has come by and gone thru the routine, everyone has been fed and the auto waterers been set up, bags are packed, oil has been changed.......now we just need to get thru tomorrow!

big_smile.png

We didn't take a vacation for 14 years because we had moved and I didn't have anyone I trusted to care for my dogs and horse. Then, in 2004, I took the plunge and left the dogs and chooks for three weeks. They were all fine, so in 2005, I left for four weeks! I didn't worry at all the second time.

Back
Top Bottom