Enough room for new chicks?

If you move her now before her eggs hatch there is a very good chance that she'll break her broodiness and you'll lose the clutch. :(
I have mixed feelings and worry though that if I don't move her and she hatches in the coop I'll have a hard time moving her and the chicks. And I don't know how everyone else will react to the new ones in there.

I have mixed feelings and worry though that if I don't move her and she hatches in the coop I'll have a hard time moving her and the chicks. And I don't know how everyone else will react to the new ones in there.

Better to divide her space with off from the rest with wire while the hatch is going on. Then you can get her and her chicks at night and put them in the safe space.

I agree with @3KillerBs , wait until she hatches. You'll be amazed how easy she will be to move after that, she will follow those babies. Were you able to secure your little outside area with hardware cloth?

Back
Top Bottom