Enter the "Peep Show"

Schwartzfarmnc

Songster
9 Years
May 28, 2010
West Jefferson
Our new chicks arrived yesterday morning and all are doing well, eating, drinking and of course pooping
big_smile.png

We ordered through Meyers and I am very happy so far, all 16 are very active even though we are on Pasty Butt patrol on 2 or 3. I never imagined how awesome it is to watch the little ones, they sure have stolen our hearts already. I hope you enjoy the pics! Forgot to mention the chicks digged the growgel and egg yolk, more like attack chickens!

One of the EE's does like to fall on her back alot, but she eats and drinks and is quick so maybe it's normal, but if you have any clue why they do this please let me know.

58941_open_box_3.jpg

58941_open_box_2.jpg

58941_open_box_1.jpg

58941_welcome_home_2.jpg

58941_welcome_home_1.jpg

58941_firsttreat3.jpg

58941_firsttreat2.jpg

58941_peepshow_1.jpg

Silver Laced Wyandottes

58941_peepshow3.jpg

EE's and Speckled Sussex

58941_peepshow2.jpg

Barred Rocks

58941_peepshow4.jpg

Buff's and Delawares

Last butt not least
D.gif

58941_the_peep_butts.jpg

Last edited:
Cute! We had 2 chicks from our last order that would always fall onto their backs. One could get right back up but the other sometimes needed help. It only lasted a couple days and then they were both fine and never did it again. I think they were just young and didn't have their balance figured out yet! As long as the chick is eating and drinking and running around, I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Quote:
Yes, this is how we received them from Meyers, they were a little cold but once we got them into the brooder they perked up much better. Our little EE is balancing much better this morning even though she is the fastest little bugger, she eats great and drinks plenty but is the smallest of all. They LOVE egg yolks, we give them a little each night and they go crazy for them, and we also sprinkle some grit in with the yolks and they seem to enjoy those also.

Back
Top Bottom