Epic FAIL treats......

STRAWBERRIES!!!

I've read so many good things about strawberries on this forum and decided to pick up a package during my chicken treat run at my local grocer (they eat better than I do...). In my defense, the produce isn't only for the chooks...

It went pretty much like this:

(me): here's icy cold organic spinach
(chooks): OM NOM NOM NOM
(me): here's icy cold organic kale
(chooks): OM NOM NOM NOM
(me): aaaannd here's a pretty strawberry!
(chooks): ... ... ... ? ? ?

I repeated this three times until I decided to wrap the strawberry with spinach.
(me): here's spinach (tee hee)
(chooks): OM NO... YOU TRICKS US!!!!

Their precise beak-fu is able to pick off the spinach without touching the devil-berry.

Celery.. i usually have to cook it and and hide it in something else for them to eat it...

Mealworms.
I bought them mealworms hoping they would get all excited. I opened their coop, and showed them the worm. They totally freaked out. They literally shrieked and ran to the farthest side of the coop, looking at me as if I was trying to put a snake in their coop. Total waste of money.

Quote:
LOL. It may have been the container? Sometimes my girls get freaked out with similar reaction at odd colored plates... Or an y other foreign object for that matter.

Quote:
Did she make that "PUHHTEWWY!!" sound when she spit it out ?
lau.gif

DD

No but I got a pretty strong stink eye --
tongue.gif

I was giving my chickens a treat and one of then pecked my ring - when I looked down my abalone gem was gone - She ate it!
I have a one carat diamond on my other hand and I was SO glad they didn't go for that one!

On the bright side, I did get to buy myself a new ring, lol!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
OOh yeah.. theres threads on here where women have lost expensive ruby and pearl earrings....

Broccoli. I don't like it at all. I never buy it. But so many people mentioned it, I broke down and bought one small bunch, and hung it in the run from the shepherd's hook I use for Tether Cabbage. I also cut some of the florets off and scattered them in the run, in case the smaller bits would go "better."

Better? How about "never?" My perpetually thieving dachshund finally couldn't help himself and I found him tugging on the Tether Broccoli when it was all sad looking. Okay, dog, here's YOUR treat!

He only went for it because I keep having to warn him away from the melon slices and tomatos I give to the chickens. He loves the oddest things! (Baby carrots are dog treats in this house; both dachshunds love 'em. Chickens? Not so much.)

Back
Top Bottom