Equimax 1.87% paste question

The regular 1.87% ivermectin paste I would use for lice and mites is 0.024 ml per pound orally. The dose I use is 1 mg per kg.

Math:
1 pound - 1 / 2.2 x 1 / 18.7 = 0.024 ml per pound orally.

Replace the the first 1 in the equation with the weight of your bird and that's your dose.

Do not dilute it.
Do not apply it topically, give it orally.

well I was not using it for worms, but for a lice/mite treatment the wormer part would be more of an extra as I haven't seen worms in their droppings. Some of my girls have a case of mites they probably ALL will before I have the funds to get anything else to treat them, ugh. I wanted to use the dilution of the Equimax paste because that is what I have right now and I saw videos of people diluting the paste in the syringe applicator and applying it to the backs of the birds' necks for mites/lice/worms. Again it is very annoying that they put out these dang videos and then don't give anyone any info on how to mix per weight. Kinda makes me want to leave a snarky comment on their video and thumbs down them, but I'm just gonna move on and not watch those people anymore.

I'm bookmarking this thread because it looks like I need to stock more than just the Equimax medicine for my chicken first aid kit. Hope my girls are OK until I can get something that I can apply topically or add to their water for this issue.
If you get the chance, please post the videos, I'd like to see them.

Again it is very annoying that they put out these dang videos and then don't give anyone any info on how to mix per weight. Kinda makes me want to leave a snarky comment on their video and thumbs down them, but I'm just gonna move on and not watch those people anymore.
Can you give links to the videos?
I've looked on YouTube for using Ivermectin for poultry and all I found was people using Pour On.

Can you give links to the videos?
I've looked on YouTube for using Ivermectin for poultry and all I found was people using Pour On.
Here is the only one I can find again. I read in 2 other places about using the same stuff, but can't remember what I typed in the search bar to find them. Just what my 60 yr old brain does well, forgets stuff...lol I may have read it in comments in other videos I watched where the vlogger DID use the Pour on, which I don't have yet, but commenters stated they used this same paste, diluted in water, and applied it like this guy in the video linked below does. Again, the commenters didn't give a dilution ratio either. I misspoke about what I have. I have the same Ivermectin 1.87% in the yellow and white box that this guy has, NOT Equimax as I said. I had the names confused when I posted my original question. You can hear that he says he won't give the dilution ratio and it can be found online. I now suspect he used something different as I went back to his channel and his mite/lice 'update' video mentions the Pour on type in text at the beginning. hmmm. Here is the link of the first video I saw on YouTube that prompted my original question.

Here is the only one I can find again. I read in 2 other places about using the same stuff, but can't remember what I typed in the search bar to find them. Just what my 60 yr old brain does well, forgets stuff...lol I may have read it in comments in other videos I watched where the vlogger DID use the Pour on, which I don't have yet, but commenters stated they used this same paste, diluted in water, and applied it like this guy in the video linked below does. Again, the commenters didn't give a dilution ratio either. I misspoke about what I have. I have the same Ivermectin 1.87% in the yellow and white box that this guy has, NOT Equimax as I said. I had the names confused when I posted my original question. You can hear that he says he won't give the dilution ratio and it can be found online. I now suspect he used something different as I went back to his channel and his mite/lice 'update' video mentions the Pour on type in text at the beginning. hmmm. Here is the link of the first video I saw on YouTube that prompted my original question.
Ah yes, he's not very clear. It's one of those things where you have to research on your own.

The Ivermectin Pour On wouldve been more efficient and effective for the farmer in the video. Pastes dont mix well in liquids. The Pour On is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and kills the bloodsuckers much quicker.
I've used it before for my birds.

Back
Top Bottom