ER/eWh hen that looks extended black?(E/E) hidden melanizers on Buff cochin mother/grand mother?

nicalandia

Free Ranging
14 Years
Jul 16, 2009
Stuck In a Dream
My Coop
My Coop
so I am trying to isolate Dominant Dilute from a Buff Cochin hen I have(naked neck) I used a Brown Red game rooster(ER/ER s+/s+) this cross gave me only 2 roosters, I used a blue (Bl/bl+ from cochin hen) naked neck heterozygous Birchen(E/eWh wheaten from coching hen mother) over her mother to obtain a 75% cochin blood and probably Di/Di roosters and hens(seems like the dominant columbian restrictors Db and Co have no effect on ER even in heterozygous form)

now on the BC1(F1 x Parent: Back cross to buff mother) I was able to obtain only 1 blue ER/eWh rooster and 1 blue ER/eWh hen, the rooster looks like a rusty Extended black(saddle feathers are chocolate/rusty color instead of golden) and the blue ER/eWh hen looks to be completely melanized as if she was homozygous for Extended black(E/E) her white under feather may suggest Melanotic(but father lacked this trait) and the first F1 also lacked this trait, what I´m thinking is that perhaps is the self buff hen that carries this recessive melanizers in her..

pics soon..

pics of a melanized heterozygous Birchen hen(ER/eWh) keep in mind that this hen is 75% Buff Cochin at this stage and should carry restrictors aswell..

now my Birchen Pair(ER/eWh hen and rooster 6+ month of age)

now my ER/eWh roo, he seems to carry Di also, Could Di be restricting his chest?

is it safe to assume that is the mother that is carrying this melanizers in recessive form?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom