ER Splint ? 5day old broken peahen leg high in muscl just found missed when set 2 broken toes

izigg

In the Brooder
Broken leg and Toes?????? My bird broke what all I thought was just her toes but after 5 days have just now found her leg is also broken high up in the muscle as I could feel the break. I already set the toes with popsiccle sticks following the natural v of the foot 5 days ago but now wonder if I should remove the splinted toes or not and just set the leg bone , but with what??? Ive heard of using cloth tape and super glue will make a cast but only heard of this???? I am wondering if I shave the leg feathers off or leave them on? I used popsiccle sticks and just ate 6 more in case I figure out how to use them??? I believe another woman here has a turkey with the same possible break yet undetermined but this peahen is deffinately broken and to make it all worse they all have coccidiosis and being treated with corid after just losing a bird yesterday , Ive been trying to take care of this bird I missed the signs in the other bird.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with so much all at once.
I have no experience with pea fowl or broken legs but would like to try to find you some help.

I just found this:#1

I went to go splint her leg and the leg has turned green so Im afraid for the bird right now as I dont think this is normal at all

Attachments

• 0602172023b.jpg
    0602172023b.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom