Ereaders Ebooks ipad Nook Kindle Sony

Quote:
I prefer the kindle. It's not backlit, but that's a *good* thing for my eyes. If you more commonly read in low-lighting than in a tub, then the iPad would be a better choice.

Either way, it's nice to be able to have my books with me when I travel *without* having to bring an extra carry-on just for my books, especially now that they're charging for carry-ons!

Also, if you have any interest in using apps/web with it, the iPad (especially the new one coming out) is a better choice (but more expensive). I love my kindle though. It's also nice on the exercise bike. One finger operation. And when I'm eating. And I don't have to worry about getting the screen messy.

So yes - if you're only getting one:
Kindle if you *only* want the ereader
iPad if you want to *also* use it as an ereader

Quote:
When we moved here, transatlantic from Italy to California, the primary thing we moved was 1000 books. That's what we managed to get *down* to. Then we *started* buying...

The Kindle (device or app) is a HUGE plus for us - we no longer have to build/buy bookshelves. Right now, I have a dozen boxes of books still waiting to be unpacked from our most recent move...And that's besides the 6 bookshelves full already...

ETA: Also, it saves us money. I only buy kindle or used books now. Never new paper/hardback. So, if it's on kindle, it's cheaper because it's digital. If it's not on kindle, it's cheaper because it's at the used bookstore. If it's on neither? I don't buy it.

ETAA: The one thing I don't buy on digital is cookbooks. Something about cookbooks makes me prefer to having them on paper. If I want digital, searchable recipes, I search on google.

Last edited:
Oh, I am very selective about the books I buy! Only certain authors whose books I collect are actually bought. And then I do trade books on Paperback Swap, so the ones I don't want to keep get posted there. I've cut way back on the book shelf space that will be permanently occupied.

My husband hates my books.
roll.png
Not that it stops me.
wink.png

I got the nook color... I like it and don't mind the weight. I like that it's back lit, I can do email, surf and listen to internet radio on it too.

Becareful of the free books, alot of them are just teasers, just a sample of the real book.

I <3 my kindle; but I'm too cheap to buy the books lol so I get the free ones..
I know we can loan books out to each other; but myextended family have all their spots used up..so ...
its free books for now :)

that was my gift from hubby for Christmas/bday

Back
Top Bottom