Error message reading "my posts"

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by LuvinMyPeeps, Oct 23, 2008.

  1. LuvinMyPeeps

    LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

    641
    1
    141
    Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    Hi,

    I get the following error when clicking the 'ready your posts' link at the bottom of my page....do you know why?

    Thank you,

    ======================================
    An error was encountered
    File: /home/backyard/public_html/forum/search.php
    Line: 416

    PunBB reported: Unable to insert search results

    Database reported: Duplicate entry '509586236' for key 1 (Errno: 1062)
    ======================================
     
  2. kinnip

    kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    It happens to me sometimes. I just reload and away we go.
     
  3. Colored Egg Farmer

    Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

    yea I just got 7 of them in a row till it finally worked
     
  4. Nifty-Chicken

    Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

    Here's why (graph is easter standard time 24 hours):

    [​IMG]


    That's what happens when ya'll break the record for number of people online at the same time!

    Looks like we're about due for a server upgrade again. (BUY LOTS OF SHIRTS!!!)

    [​IMG]
     
  5. ChandlersChickens

    ChandlersChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

    397
    0
    142
    Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    Oops! [​IMG]
     
  6. Nifty-Chicken

    Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

    No worries, that's my job... to be the little man in the backroom making sure everything is working and that the fires remain stoked and the gears stay greased!

    What is interesting about that graph, and website hosting, is that you have to have resources available for the peak usage, even if they are only used 5% of the time and are being "wasted" the other 95% of the time.

    Kinda like having an expensive gas guzzling Hummer in a suburban town where you'll only need the extra power / features 5% of the time, but you're paying for it 100% of the time.
     
  7. DuckLady

    DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

    32,261
    946
    491
    Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:geekgeekgeek
     
  8. DuckLady

    DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

    32,261
    946
    491
    Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:The Great and Powerful OZ in geek clothes? [​IMG]
     
  9. countryboy

    countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

    Oct 31, 2007
    Quote:geekgeekgeek

    Is that easter island time? [​IMG]
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by