Escape!!!

JustClucky

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 16, 2011
TX
We were gone for 6.5 hours today! Before we left, I opened a brooder bin that has 4 chicks. 2 EE and 2 GLW. I checked on them, gave them cuddles and then my daughter was right behind me with cuddles for them, too and I told her, 'I'm getting in the shower. Close up the bin when you're done and then wash your hands.' I guess she heard, 'wash your hands' and that was it. When we came home, I found 4 chickens in my dang kitchen, pooping up a storm, eating out of the bag of feed and pooping in it! I have SO MUCH to clean up but I'm thankful that they didn't figure out that there's only a short baby gate separating the living room from the kitchen. lol When I caught them, 3 of them were standing on a trash bag that needed to go out to the curb and they just looked at me like, 'I didn't do it. Wasn't me.' and the 4th bird had to be enticed with a handful of food. UUUUGH!

Honestly, I'm annoyed with the mess, of course, but I can't help but have a good laugh over it! Lesson of the day: Never trust a little girl to shut brooder bins properly. lol

gig.gif

sounds like they might be ready to go outside soon lol

hehe , i came home for work a while ago and it wasnt that anyone left the brooder open , i had them in a big box, didnt think they were big enough to get out, but oh were they, they jumped up on the waterer and then jumped out, they were in the back bedroom, and just let me say they surely poop alot, it is very hard getting poop out of rugs hehe, thank god i have a shampooer, lesson learned, cover top with something hehe.

so i know what you were feeling, and we had a good laugh to

Back
Top Bottom