Essential oils to clean chicken coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cvlcite, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Folly's place

Folly's place Crossing the Road

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Have you looked up any of the TTO studies? Or are they all false because they try to use science? It's a nice product, useful, but not the only way to go, and for many applications, not the best way.
    Mary

Texas Kiki and Lilalienangel like this.
  2. Lilalienangel

Lilalienangel Songster

Aug 28, 2019
    Sorry I will try not to step on the toes of the sponsors. Thank you

3. Lilalienangel

Lilalienangel Songster

Aug 28, 2019
    Personally, I can't speak on your product as I haven't needed it. For full disclosure I haven't had chickens long either.

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Sponsors?!
    What "product"?

Mary is just applying science to refute holistic 'beliefs'.
    Facts are that essential oils can be an irritant to birds respiratory systems,
    and are not a 'cure' for what might ail a chicken coop.

Texas Kiki and Folly's place like this.
  5. Lilalienangel

Lilalienangel Songster

Aug 28, 2019
    Ok.. Just trying to help people out. Damn, why are so many of you so slanted?? There is absolutely nothing wrong with holistic approaches that work. I'm not going to change what I do based on someone's cultural programming that if we don't use what we are told then nothing else works. Everything is slanted. End of story. I will not stop trying to help people find healthier cleaner ways of living because someone else believes everything they read. Aka.. I don't care.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  6. Lilalienangel

Lilalienangel Songster

Aug 28, 2019
    All I am saying is it works for general cleaning. I have used it with absolutely no issues. I have seen to many attacked for trying to avoid commercial bs.. It is wrong.. So yeah. Is this thing they recommend one of the sponsored product. O can only assume yes by the way I was approached just for mentioning something different. Go on and worship your corporate gods. They really care about animals and us. Don't believe me; tour a factory farm or check ingredients in prepackaged food. ;)

7. Lilalienangel

Lilalienangel Songster

Aug 28, 2019
    They do not care about me. I do so I trust me; not them or anyone else who goes after those who try to live outside of that.

8. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Nope, go for it....just best not on your(or anyone else's reading here) chickens.

9. Lilalienangel

Lilalienangel Songster

Aug 28, 2019
    1/2 vinegar
    1/2 water
    20 drops tea tree oil

10. Lilalienangel

Lilalienangel Songster

Aug 28, 2019
    They have their own choice.. I just make sure of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: