Estes Hatchery?

horsechick

Songster
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
Eaton, Ohio
Estes Hatchery reviews
Hi everyone, Has anyone ordered from them? Estes Hatchery in Mo. Results, breeds, how did they do/look versus the breeds they were? Thank you all for the info!...

I live fifteen minutes from Estes so I've never had any chicks shipped to me, but I have went in there and picked up chicks. I'll be getting a few more from them in a couple weeks when they do a chick day at the local feed store.

My main chick order from them was for 11 Ameracauna pullets. The price was expensive to me for what were essentially "Easter Eggers" (I've yet to find a hatchery with even vaguely "show standard" Ameracaunas), but I wouldn't swap my girls for the world. They have great personalities, all 11 made it into adulthood and they all were hens. They came in a variety of colors but all had the same body type and size. The girls are around eight months old now so we should be finding eggs at any time.

Just so you know, anything in their "Rare Breeds" category won't be available year-round. When I bought some chicks from them in May they only had the standard chicken breeds left. I don't know when they stop carrying the rare breeds, but it's guaranteed to be gone by May.

Good luck with your order
smile.png

I'll definitely reccommend Estes. Our local feed store orders from them,& I have been very pkeased with their quality! Love their EEs,Buff Orps,RIRs,and their banties are pretty good as far as hatchery stock goes!,at least in my experiance thus far!

I have bought from them for the past 2yrs years: Buff Orps, RIR, Barred Rocks, EEs, Blk Australorps, Speckled Sussex, Leghorns, etc. All have been terrific layers.

Although I will not buy their GL or SL Wyandottes anymore b/c the last batch had several crossbeaks & the lacing wasn't as good as the ones Cackle hatchery offers. Just my own personal experience.

The chicks I've bought from the feed store were from Estes. You can see pictures of them on my member page. They're all doing really well despite the cold start they got in the feed store until I rescued them
smile.png
Some of their combs aren't perfectly straight. I don't know if that matters or not.

I Picked up my order of 6 Guineas June 2010. Very nice and helpful people. I didnt keep them warm enough so, 3 died. once i figured that out. the rest are healthy as can be. It wasnt Estes fault, that one was my own stupidity. You can also order debeaked, vaccinated, and choose sex also. for extra cost of course. but extras are worth it in my opinion. I am only buying small quanities. Quality is very important to me. They will be my main supplier
smile.png
. I think I am going to go for Pheasants next.

I ordered some birds from Estes last year. Golden Comets/ production reds, barred rocks, welsummers. The chicks health was verygood! The customer service was also really good, better than the year before with the big name hatchery. The golden comets have produced lots of eggs. The welsummers are nice birds and are not that far removed from a nice line of Welsummers.

All in all I will do business with Estes again!
thumbsup.gif

Dave

My Welsummer cockrel is covered in white feathers all over his chest, purchased around mid April 2013.

I'm not happy with this coloration.

The Cuckoo Marans, Buff Orpington, EE, Barred Rocks, SLW, BSL and Salmon Faverolles all came out beautifully however.

My Welsummer cockrel is covered in white feathers all over his chest, purchased around mid April 2013.

I'm not happy with this coloration.

The Cuckoo Marans, Buff Orpington, EE, Barred Rocks, SLW, BSL and Salmon Faverolles all came out beautifully however.
Could you post a pic of him?

Not sure what happened!

Back
Top Bottom