Ethical question...

Quote:
th.gif

Elderroo? I'm waiting for this one
big_smile.png

...I know for sure that she has 2 RIR's because we raised them for her two years ago. I just gave her 17 White Leghorn pullets in exchange for eggs every week... I think I'll just ask her....She most likely wont have any problem with it.

So you've paid for them! You raised her RIR's and have given her 17 WL pullets which you fed and raised. In a very real sense they are, at least in part, your eggs to start with. In exchange, she has kept her end of the bargain by caring for the Leghorns and has supplied the eggs to close the deal.
(You're not gonna tell us you've also supplied the feed for the pullets are, you??)

Since your trade was consummated according to agreement, the eggs are really yours to do with as you see fit. There isnt any "taking what's mine for your personal gain," here. I had the same reaction as Bill when I read that.

Since you are obvious 'bon vivants', you do right by your friendship to make her a part of your plans. Good for you; she has a good partner. I humbly suggest, though, that the ethical question can be put to rest.​

Last edited by a moderator:
If they were my eggs and I gave them away, I would be happy for someone els to have the joy of CHICKS! But if you feel better about it, call and ask. All she can say is please don't, but I bet she will be fine with it.

It wouldn't bother me to know someone set the eggs I sold(or gave) to them. In fact,I have had people ask me if the eggs were fertile and made no secret of the fact that they were going to set them and I charged the same price. They were mixed breed eggs, I don't usually include my purebred eggs in the eating eggs mix.

You do what makes you comfortable. Me-I hate it when I see an add on CL for farm fresh eggs for $2 a dozen to eat, then tell them I'm going to hatch their mutts and am expected to pay $10! If I'm seeking purebred eggs to hatch, I have no issues paying a premium price, but if I ever want mutts again, I'm not going to say the word hatch!

Back
Top Bottom