Etsy people! I need something tattered? PICS added page 4

Hey Gritty,

I can crochet a little. I'd love to make you some doilies.

Here's my latest:

15498_tangled.jpg

Imp- Let me know how many you want? OK?

Impy

Quote:
Yep, new couch is here. Recliners are very enjoyable. New mattress set is wonderful. Only thing that hasn't been done furniture-wise is to swap out the old headboard for the new one. Keith had a choice last night - move some of the old furnitue out to the storm cellar house and put up the new headboard OR fix the dang leaky sink. He chose the sink. Secretly I was hoping he'd choose the headboard.
sad.png

Keith has a seven day work week coming up. I have a huge box of large black trash bags. I know he misses his mama and brother but it's been 6 years and it's time for some of this stuff to find it's way out of this house.
wink.png

Quote:
Yep, new couch is here. Recliners are very enjoyable. New mattress set is wonderful. Only thing that hasn't been done furniture-wise is to swap out the old headboard for the new one. Keith had a choice last night - move some of the old furnitue out to the storm cellar house and put up the new headboard OR fix the dang leaky sink. He chose the sink. Secretly I was hoping he'd choose the headboard.
sad.png

Keith has a seven day work week coming up. I have a huge box of large black trash bags. I know he misses his mama and brother but it's been 6 years and it's time for some of this stuff to find it's way out of this house.
wink.png

I think people go one of two ways when a loved one passes, they either seem to hold on to everything forever or they purge right away. My dad passed in March and my mom has been rearranging the house and getting rid of his stuff since the funeral. They were married nearly 47 years and I think she needed to do something to change her daily habits she had around him rather than keep dwelling. Good Luck clearing stuff out. He will always have his memories, the rest of it is just "stuff".

Last edited:
PBJ, first off I'm sorry for the loss of your dad.
hugs.gif
My mom passed in 1993 and I still miss her every day.

Keith has had a very hard time of it since his brother and mother passed. I think what made it harder for him is that they passed away so close together. His brother in May of 2005 and his mother in September 2005. Add to that the fact that he grew up dirt poor on this farm and I have one heck of a packrat on my hands. Nothing is thrown away if there may be a use for it by somebody, anybody, at any time in the future.

We skimped on the couch, buying the least expensive one we could get without sacrificing quality. No one is ever here to sit on the couch anyhow - and the first time DSD #2 flops down and puts her feet up on it I'll chop her feet off.
wink.png
We focused more on getting very comfortable recliners and a great mattress set because we are the ones that have to live here and use them.

I'll get pics asap.

Last edited:
Quote:
Now this is why ya love me Grits...........I am just like your beloved DH.
hide.gif
Packrat....I keep everything, cause well I am going to need it and I just hate, HATE spending money on it again. The tales you and my DH could swap.
big_smile.png

I am looking forward to the pictures also.

Quote:
You can make a square?
ep.gif
I can make a rope, or thread - just one long piece of crochet "thingie". How sad.............I don't even know the correct term for my crochet start, line, base? I can make a model horse halter from the crochet line that I make
hmm.png

Quote:
Its a dish best served cold...
cool.png

Like beets.

I love beets......yum. Pickled beets are my fav - and I do eat them cold
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom