Etsy people! I need something tattered? PICS added page 4

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I don't know the right word for it...crocheting, but with string or twine, not yarn?

We just got all new furniture. For the living room we got lovely recliners and a matching couch. To give the couch a bit more charm I have draped over the back a beautiful afghan made for me by my ex mother-in-law. It's a very unique piece made entirely of tobacco twine (ex's parents being dirt poor tobacco farmers).

I need to have made doillies or head and arm rest covers for the recliners. I am not afraid to pay a good price for good work.

I know we have quite a few etsy store owners on BYC. Anyone do this kind of needlecraft?

Last edited:
You're thinking of "tatted" but crochet with thread would do it as well, "lace crochet" is what most people call it. Best bet would be to take a few pics of the blanket, and then some close stitches, once you reach a certain level you can recreate a pattern by seeing the stitches.

Grits...my mom crochets doillies... not with yarn, but with like a thinish cotton stuff... string?? I dont know what the heck its called.
Anyways...i think i have quite a few of them here i can send you..(if they match what you are looking for... i can take pics)
One is white and lacy and has a house design and i think it says "Home sweet home" (crocheted right in the pattern) (its not very big though..)
I sometimes put that one on the back on my couch,..looks cute. The others are round or square and go on the end tables...
What are you looking for.. (they are used though...) but they wont cost you anything..and save you some money maybe...
tongue.png

*ETA: I wish i learned how to do that... all i can manage is a granny square...(and i cant even start the center of them!
roll.png
..) Pathetic...
hmm.png
..*
Still NEED to learn how to quilt... *sigh*

Last edited:
It's called crochet thread. Made my mother a largish lacy table cloth took better part of a year, nightly while the TV was on.

Quote:
I envy people that can do that...
bow.gif

Apparently so did my sister, she "oops" burned it the next day while lighting enough candles for a seiance. so much wax and char I couldn't begin to repair it... any guess what she's getting for a wedding gift next year?

Quote:
I envy people that can do that...
bow.gif

Apparently so did my sister, she "oops" burned it the next day while lighting enough candles for a seiance. so much wax and char I couldn't begin to repair it... any guess what she's getting for a wedding gift next year?

Nothing?? A burnt afghan??
lol.png

Quote:

lol.png

Table cloth dearie. you're good at this game.

Quote:
lol.png

Table cloth dearie. you're good at this game.

LOL! I just love your wicked ways...
clap.gif
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom