Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

I got an all white hen in my original batch from GFF. She had the BRIGHTEST yellow legs! The only pic I could find is the chopped one below (top right)....never seen rumpless and I have hatched A LOT of chicks!

RareFeathersRanch
Christine

Has anyone in the US got rumples EO's?

I know that a Micah and Kiah in Canada got one from Claire's stock.

I go two some Rumpless from on of the pairings I did this spring. They were GFF x GFF line EO's.

What other recessives have you seen pop out. I got a recessive black from a Skyline x GFF which was also quite unexpected.
Nice! Are you breeding for Beltza now? If not, any chance you'd rehome that bird to me
big_smile.png

Has anyone in the US got rumples EO's?

I know that a Micah and Kiah in Canada got one from Claire's stock.

I go two some Rumpless from on of the pairings I did this spring. They were GFF x GFF line EO's.

What other recessives have you seen pop out. I got a recessive black from a Skyline x GFF which was also quite unexpected.
No way! A rumpless EOB?
ep.gif
How fun :) We must see pictures!

School is back is session
wee.gif
I've been on the computer while the baby sleeps.
clap.gif
Having fun!

Anyway, I'm growing out some of the first birds off of my two separate cockerels. The one was a skyline boy and the other is from @ronott1 and has that fresh-from-Spain bloodline. My camera is on the fritz so I can't show you but the difference is quite marked. The hens are the same for both cockerels and came from GFF stock.

The Skyline babies - boys are more yellow/gold and clearly marked at a young age. The girls are an even ginger tone with small black thumbprints at the end of the tail.

The Spain babies - boys and girls are harder to differentiate until older because the boys are so much more red in tone and the girls are not as evenly colored. The girls appear to have some speckling through-out.

I don't have the space to separate out and breed 2 different lines of EOB but it is very tempting to see what I get if I swap the cockerels over the opposite pullets. What I'd like to see is less speckling in the girls (Spain-boy's offspring) and be able to keep the deeper red color.

Some old photos to show difference in cockerels. I thought they were both quite nice but the one from Spain does have a richer color palette.

This one is the boy of Skyline descendant that died for no explainable cause. According to UCDavis, he was in good shape and MAY have had a heart attack.

Sorry for the poor photo. This is an old one from when the boy (Megan's line) just came out of isolation and he just would not be still. His colors are much richer.

I decided to look and see if Ron's photo was available. This is the one he took. Thank you Ron for having such a nice photo :) You can really tell how RED he is in this photo. It's quite different. So I'm looking forward to watching more of the offspring as they grow out. Hope for a fixed camera soon!

PS, being stingy. Havn't sold a single EOB until I had enough hatched :)

School is back is session
wee.gif
I've been on the computer while the baby sleeps.
clap.gif
Having fun!

Anyway, I'm growing out some of the first birds off of my two separate cockerels. The one was a skyline boy and the other is from @ronott1 and has that fresh-from-Spain bloodline. My camera is on the fritz so I can't show you but the difference is quite marked. The hens are the same for both cockerels and came from GFF stock.

The Skyline babies - boys are more yellow/gold and clearly marked at a young age. The girls are an even ginger tone with small black thumbprints at the end of the tail.

The Spain babies - boys and girls are harder to differentiate until older because the boys are so much more red in tone and the girls are not as evenly colored. The girls appear to have some speckling through-out.

I don't have the space to separate out and breed 2 different lines of EOB but it is very tempting to see what I get if I swap the cockerels over the opposite pullets. What I'd like to see is less speckling in the girls (Spain-boy's offspring) and be able to keep the deeper red color.

Some old photos to show difference in cockerels. I thought they were both quite nice but the one from Spain does have a richer color palette.

This one is the boy of Skyline descendant that died for no explainable cause. According to UCDavis, he was in good shape and MAY have had a heart attack.

Sorry for the poor photo. This is an old one from when the boy (Megan's line) just came out of isolation and he just would not be still. His colors are much richer.

I decided to look and see if Ron's photo was available. This is the one he took. Thank you Ron for having such a nice photo :) You can really tell how RED he is in this photo. It's quite different. So I'm looking forward to watching more of the offspring as they grow out. Hope for a fixed camera soon!

PS, being stingy. Havn't sold a single EOB until I had enough hatched :)

Your Welcome!

It will be great seeing the chicks from that breeding group.

Back
Top Bottom