Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

RONOTT1
Tienen unos 7 meses

Gracias

They are very nice at seven months. A couple have the correct shape in the front already.

love.gif
I love the color too.

Hello all, I was wondering if some of you might be able to tell me whether I've got a pullet or roo. I haven't been able to find much information on sexing EO and I haven't seen many pictures that look like my little one here... She (I hope) is more speckled than the barrig I see in most photos. Thanks!
You have a very pretty pullet. Not the standard but so what. Boys look a lot different.
Thanks so much!

Que les parece estos gallos que he dejado para sementales?

2*"Y ahora una pregunta para el proximo año que les parece si junto el gallo de la primera foto con gallinas del pasado año.
Y gallinas de este año con el gallo del año pasado??

1*"Maggiestdad , ese gallo al que usted se refería?"
Mis disculpas.

Siempre naufragio del traductor ... jajaja
big_smile.png

Quise decir estos dos jóvenes gallos se ven bien. Las usaría para sementales.

Son mucho mejor que este ejemplo se recordará que el año pasado.

y -

2* Sí. Este es el programa que utilizo para la raza línea. (cree en una línea)

Sin embargo, hay mucha cautela, porque tenemos poca sangre para trabajar.

¿Entiendes? traductor se estrelló!
hu.gif

Tengo que venir a visitar a mis amigos en tu foro ...
frow.gif

Hello all, I was wondering if some of you might be able to tell me whether I've got a pullet or roo. I haven't been able to find much information on sexing EO and I haven't seen many pictures that look like my little one here... She (I hope) is more speckled than the barrig I see in most photos. Thanks!

I'm going to mix things up just to keep it interesting... This looks like a boy to me.

wee.gif

Can you say why?

Ok - just remember, I've been wrong before!
hide.gif

* pullets have shorter heads from beak tip to neck... this chick has the longer, more hawklike head of a male.
*pullet combs stay yellow and the teeth tight together for a looong time... this chick's comb points are separating and are pink. That coupled with the chickdown still on the neck smells like boy to me!
*pullets have dainty, well balanced feet and shanks. Cockerels have honking big T-Rex feet and legs.

Any trace of wattles in the next 2 weeks will nail it as a boy for sure.

Take all of the above with a grain of salt.
cool.png

Ok - just remember, I've been wrong before!
hide.gif

* pullets have shorter heads from beak tip to neck... this chick has the longer, more hawklike head of a male.
*pullet combs stay yellow and the teeth tight together for a looong time... this chick's comb points are separating and are pink. That coupled with the chickdown still on the neck smells like boy to me!
*pullets have dainty, well balanced feet and shanks. Cockerels have honking big T-Rex feet and legs.

Take all of the above with a grain of salt.
cool.png
Oh you RABBLEROUSER YOU MD!!!!!!

jk.. great information,.. I think I have def 2 boys out of my 5 with this new information. I thought that all boys had barring, and if it was mille fluer it was a pullet. Shows what I know, which is next to nothing....Can the "lady grey" coloring be male too, or are they always ladies?

MB

Can you say why?

Ok - just remember, I've been wrong before! :oops:

Take all of the above with a grain of salt. :cool:

Wow. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Hmm, if she's a he, then I will need to swap for a pullet!

Below is more info about this little chick and a few face close ups. I'm wondering if the info would change or firm up your analysis. I want to learn more! Thanks!

The chick I got is approximately 5 weeks old (+/- a week perhaps). It's vocal and cheeps in a hoarse-sounding crackly voice. As far as temperament, it is curious and likes to observe and explore. It doesn't seek out attention from humans and doesn't like being held, but I wouldn't describe it as flighty. It will calm down for a little loving from me and sometimes will take a little nap, but as it gets older, the frequency diminishes. It doesn't seem to snuggle with other chicks much either, but it will peep very loudly in its crackly voice for its buddies, whereas my Ameraucana and GCM chicks don't mind being alone with me without their buddies.

Back
Top Bottom