Euthanize the lil guy😥

Genetix

In the Brooder
Dec 12, 2020
So hi, i got a weak lil chick that took 3 days to hatch, so now it's body had a deformity. I know that if i let this guy live, it'll bring nothing but pain for him. So now i had a decision if i let this guy die on its own, being warm in the incubator, or if I'll get it killed quickly, this is my first time having a lil chick die/killed, so it'll now leave my conscience guitly that it was my fault that he was now like that

Attachments

• 16115477868054701973607953906155.jpg
    16115477868054701973607953906155.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 21
So hi, i got a weak lil chick that took 3 days to hatch, so now it's body had a deformity. I know that if i let this guy live, it'll bring nothing but pain for him. So now i had a decision if i let this guy die on its own, being warm in the incubator, or if I'll get it killed quickly, this is my first time having a lil chick die/killed, so it'll now leave my conscience guitly that it was my fault that he was now like that

Is it the neck that appears deformed? I've had chicks that took a while longer to hatch before and their neck was crooked, but it straightened out after a while.

Is this his first day of life??
If yes, leave him for another day or so. This exact thing happened to me when my eggs hatched late.
On the 21st day of the incubating process, he broke it's shell, we waited for 2 days for him to full emerge, 4 days and he still layed on his side having half the shell still on him. When we checked it, the shell dried on him so we carefully removed it, leaving him for hours to dry completely, we noticed his legs were right below the wings, making him look like his bottom is swelling, we left him for another day and he can't get up, so he looked like a hunchback. We don't want to think that he wouldn't live, but it's the truth

Is it the neck that appears deformed? I've had chicks that took a while longer to hatch before and their neck was crooked, but it straightened out after a while.
His legs are directly under its wings, he now looks like a hunchback, his lower part now looks like its swelling, he cant get up, its been 4 days and he still lays at his side

Back
Top Bottom