Eve and Evera having dinner. *WARNING* pics of snakes eating

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
I got shutter happy while feeding my 9 y/o son Abraham's snakes dinner tonight.
smile.png
We love them dearly. I know some don't. I will stress that we ONLY feed frozen thawed. Eve and Evera came to us scarred all over from their previous owner feeding live. Both have scars on their heads and are pretty lucky to be alive. Here are the little beauties and their meals.
smile.png

Eve finishing up.......
7091_eve2.jpg

Evera just getting started......
7091_evera1.jpg

Evera crawling on top of Eve, ready to spend some quality time with his wife digesting their food.
smile.png

7091_eve_and_evera.jpg

Eve saying "alright gramma, you can leave us alone now"!!!
7091_eve3.jpg

It always makes me feel thirsty watching someone swallowing all that dry fur.

Those are some fine-looking snakes, and so congenial to let you take their photos while they were eating. We have 4 wild-caught red corn snakes, found in our yard & on our patio at different times. We must maintain a small mouse ranch to keep them fed.

Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Thank you.
smile.png
LOL....I know exactly what you mean! I always feel the need to cough up a hairball or two! BLECH!!! But they seem to like it.
smile.png
Yes, they are VERY sweet natured and let us do pretty much what we want, though I do tend to try and not disturb them too much when they are eating. I have a California King Snake, too, but if I take her pic while eating she stops, pukes it up, and refuses to eat for weeks. *sigh* Have you posted pics of yours? There are lots of snake lovers here.
smile.png

It's kinda funny....they were NOT among my favorites. I found them to be a bit bland. LOL But my son begged and begged and they were his dream snakies. So, when we got the opportunity to get these two (who desperately needed us anyway) I jumped at the chance. I am now in
love.gif
and see not a single bland thing about our babies!!!!
smile.png

lucky you, back when i had bp's i had an older female that was an import. She would ONLY eat live male african rats, but never albinos. Tlk aobut picky . But i was usually able to slip a f/t rat in when she was swallowing her meal. I only had her because she was a het albino with granite pattern.
I sold them all. If given a choice i would buy a male kenyan sand boa again. they are small cute and easy to care for.

Last edited:
Quote:
It amazes me how picky snakes can be. My California King will ONLY eat white mice (any color and she refuses) and they can't be stored close to the rats for these guys. If she even THINKS she smells a rat she goes off her food.

Well, I can't tell you why other people like snakes, but I can tell you why I do.
smile.png
First, I think they are absolutely gorgeous, but that is pretty minor, really. They are also very fascinating. With no legs they get around EXCELLENT and manage to catch and eat food that is HUGE compared to what most things can get down. I love watching them move. When I am feeling stressed, nothing relaxes me more than feeling their cool, smooth skin sliding across my arms, hands, or shoulders. I just love them!!!
smile.png

I think snakes are very beautifull creaturs and I would own one if I was not scared of them...lol..I was bit by a snake when I was about 15, guy said go ahead he dont bite, yeah right...lol. Then he said well are ya stupid dont ever touch their head, Like I knew that
hu.gif

Found out later that nite, he had cought that snake down by the river that morning
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom